gen 3 questions

oneturboforme

Reaction score
I know there is a lot of threads on this pump, that being said they there are so many mixed reviews so I have a few questions. First what's the most miles you have heard on a gen 3? As far as failures I have read of the truck burning down but nothing else as far as like the srp pumps sending brass through your oil system. Another question of failure if the gen 3 did fail would your hpop run the truck still (obviously like ****) just asking if it would limp back home I guess . Lastly how important is it that your hpop is in good condition? To my knowledge I have an original pump with 180k on it. Thanks Guys

Reaction score
I know of a few guys running around with alot of miles on a gen 3. What Injectors are you going to be running?

buschpoweredstroker

Reaction score
From what I've heard, the condition of your original pump doesn't matter as long as it's not completely shot. Basically all it's there to do is start the truck. I have an adrenaline on with my gen3 so I can't verify this though.

oneturboforme

Reaction score
I'm only running 300/200 I want to go with twins just for the reliability of them but I kind of have a time issue with the twins. I see in there ad that they say not to run there gen 3 with a modified hpop, that being said are you having any issues with it? Thanks

TyCorr

Reaction score
I'm only running 300/200 I want to go with twins just for the reliability of them but I kind of have a time issue with the twins. I see in there ad that they say not to run there gen 3 with a modified hpop, that being said are you having any issues with it? Thanks

Maybe the modded pump "gets in the way" as its trying to do more than a worn stocker does.

oneturboforme

Reaction score
From my understanding from the little bit I have read if the gen 3 did go out you could limp the truck to wherever is this correct?

isootmypants

Reaction score
From my understanding from the little bit I have read if the gen 3 did go out you could limp the truck to wherever is this correct?

I haven't heard of a gen 3 going "out". There is no limping. It just sucks the res dry sometimes which can cause a stall. Just start it back up like nothing happened

TyCorr

Reaction score
I haven't heard of a gen 3 going "out". There is no limping. It just sucks the res dry sometimes which can cause a stall. Just start it back up like nothing happened

This is kinda what I was alluding to with a hi perf stock housing cased pump being used in conjunction with the "gen 3".

isootmypants

Reaction score
I was thinking of using my srp1.1 and the gen3, to prevent the stalling problem...was told there will be pretty much no difference to a stock pump in that instance because the haildex pump pushes thru it.

TyCorr

Reaction score
I was thinking of using my srp1.1 and the gen3, to prevent the stalling problem...was told there will be pretty much no difference to a stock pump in that instance because the haildex pump pushes thru it.

Roger.. I.understood that too but I thought the stock style pump had an impact on that still...

isootmypants

Reaction score
I may be misunderstanding your question. I have had a few v8 and titos since
I got home. Are you asking if a stock pump is more reliable behind a gen3 or a srp behind a gen3? Or if a gen3 failed, that the other pump can get you home?

Tim @ P.I.S.

Reaction score
I believe they are eluding to the possibility if using a HO hpop that it may tax the reservoir more and lead to a dry condition for either of the pumps.

If I am reading into this correctly.

I would call Dave and ask him directly as I bet they have tested this exact scenario.

oneturboforme

Reaction score
I was asking if the gen 3 pump went out if the stock hpop would limp you home. Also I called swamps and full force. Both told me the stock would get you home if needed, but full force has never seen one go out. Also I heard the gen 3 does better and doesn't seem to have the start up issue with an older hpop or that's what the guys at full force has seen. Must be something along the lines of worn pump sucking less out of the res?

m j

Reaction score
if any of the pumps 'went out' in a catastrophic failure there will be pieces of them in your HPO system and you shouldnt run the engine.

Reaction score
The best setup with a gen 3 IMO would be a 15degree pump. The problem on start up is the pump draining the reservoir the srp would only make that work. The haldex pump flows more than enough to need a srp helping it

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.