Getting frustrated, bent push rod?

tjwillie11

Reaction score
Hey guys, I am new to the Army! I recently was driving the rig down the road and had to pass a tractor, when I let off the accelerator I heard a pretty nasty rattle. I hear it after every time I let off the skinny pedal ever since. I had a buzz test and compression test done, I have an injector issue in #3 and #6, but very low compression in cylinder #6. I have the valve covers off and do not notice any obvious damage to the rockers or a push rod popped out. The truck is studded, deleted, etc. I don't want to compromise the head gasket if I don't have to, just loosing ideas of what the fix might be. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks for the help.:doh:

livinlots26

Reaction score
Are you checking each valve/rocker arm by turning the motor? Just sitting there? Or running? You could pull your ficm relay and have someone crank the motor over for you. You need to check the tolerance on a closed valve. But any compression issue the head needs to be pulled to fix unless it's a loose glow plug...

tjwillie11

Reaction score
I don't have the print-out on me, but I believe it was around 25%. And I was just visually checking the rockers and push rods without removing them. Could it be injector seals? Also I have not checked the glow plugs, but figured since it happend after a hard acceleration that it was something slightly more serious. Thanks for the help guys, I really appreciate it.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.