Getting new shocks..

SpyderX

Reaction score
Any suggestions? Hate these Rancho shocks. Thinkin bout getting the Bilstien 5100. Who has the best deal on these?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JRLott

Reaction score
eBay. Not a vendor and no support.

Most will tell you to go with Fox.

WhiteMamba_Scorpion

Reaction score
I run 5100s all around with a Fox stabilizer. Rides like a caddy. I can't justify the price of Fox for mostly pavement pounding and back roads.

HOUTX01X

Reaction score
I run 5100s all around with a Fox stabilizer. Rides like a caddy. I can't justify the price of Fox for mostly pavement pounding and back roads.

I run the same.. My buddy who has a lifted '14 with 37's thinks he needs these high end shocks for his mall crawler. In his mind he thinks he is prepping for a baja 500

Yellow1000

Reaction score
Is there really that big of price difference between bilsteins and foxes ?

gnxtc2

Reaction score
Just some FYI: try to get a shock that is spec'd for your model as the valving is designed for that model. If you go with generic shock, you get generic valving.

What I can't figure out with the shock manufacturers, why don't they have a different shock for a dually. Duallys have different spring rates compared to a SRW.

Billy T.
[email protected]

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
I run the same.. My buddy who has a lifted '14 with 37's thinks he needs these high end shocks for his mall crawler. In his mind he thinks he is prepping for a baja 500

I have a barely lifted 15 on 35's...it rides very well with the Fox 2.5's, better than trucks I've been in with 2.0's or other shocks. You get what you pay for...

Yellow1000

Reaction score
Any vendors here show me a price difference in the bilsteins vs 2.0s vs 2.5s?

MrGTO

Reaction score
I got the 2.0 resevoir shock for towing on a stock 15. They have made a big difference but my truck still rides like a 1 ton truck. The front shock reservoirs had to be mounted to the frame rail on my stock height truck. Fox sent me the brackets and new stickers for free after I tried every way to mount them to stop them from rubbing.

jaynick1

Reaction score
Another vote for the Fox 2.0s. Need to get off this deployment so I can drive my damn truck... Keep in mind it may not change your ride too drastically as you aren't changing spring rates, just the shock.

Latest posts

Members online