Getting rid of whistle

Reaction score
Well, after several longer road trips with the camper I've decided to install my old FTE 4" resonator to get rid of the drone when going up the mountains, but what muffler are yall using to quiet the whistle? It's awful when going through campgrounds, everybody stares and it's just too disrupting, I'm ready to have it quiet. Right now it's 4" straight turbo back system, and the insanely loud power max drop in.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

mikeeg02

Reaction score
I cant say about the whistle as I am a 7.3, but I put a donaldson M100465, and 4 to 5 inch adapters in both directions, and it got rid of all drone. I noticed with the FTE resonator, even with a muffler, above ~15 or so psi of boost, it made an awful whistle at the tail pipe, like the rice burners used to do on purpose. Pulling the FTE got rid of most of it. That was all with my old turbo. (38R) I put a different 4" (M085171) donaldson in, and I still had drone, and I put this M100465 in, and its super quiet, and no drone, and I can only hear a slight bit of turbine noise when going under a bridge next to the concrete or similar.

Ryder fleet has them super cheap too.

M100465 muffler

http://www.ryderfleetproducts.com/donaldson-m100465/muffler-5--x-45-p-w26-m100465

adapters

http://www.ryderfleetproducts.com/heavy-duty-exhaust-29-540a/reducer-5-odx4-id-p-s48-29540a

morefuel

Reaction score
The M100465 does nothing for whistle on a 6.0. It will be super quiet wop though. Seems almost like the more you push the throttle the quieter it gets.

Last edited:
Reaction score
The M100465 does nothing for whistle on a 6.0. It will be super quiet wop though. Seems almost like the more you push the throttle the quieter it gets.
That's the case now as for the whistle, only idle and lower rpm are loud, once you get going and get boost up, it not so noticeable. Only the drone gets really loud with a lot of throttle

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
My buddy is running a flo pro muffler, but as stated whistle is still there, but it is quiet towing and driving. Whistle is less than my truck when i was running the stage 2 straight piped, but it is still pretty loud whistle wise at idle.

CyrusLoewen

Reaction score
I wish I could have cut the whistle that i had in the cab on my pickup. But like mr morefuel and I found out, you can take all the tone out and still be left with the whistle. Someone needs to come up with a setup that does muffle the 10 blade whistle...

TyCorr

Reaction score
I had one of those and it helps. Mine fell apart though after three years of our weather.

TyCorr

Reaction score
The endcaps are. The tube isnt. Neither is the baffle portion. The caps are just friction fit so mine filled up with water over the winter and was rotting the inside out. I opened it up and it was just plain ol yellow fiberglas insulation inside it. About two gals of water in the fiberglas.

jrex2506

Reaction score
I've got a 5" diamond eye muffler. it did nothing for the whistle. but I have an 03 turbo with a batmowheel.

sent while on on patrol.

superpsd

Reaction score
Yes with stock turbo or now my S369 I have no whistle with the banks muffler. I only paid 100$ for a 4" from a place that had them on closeout. So far it's holding up and looks new (almost 3 years) but we don't salt the roads here.

Merc82

Reaction score
I run 2 dynomax bullets and run and open vane at idle tune, it helps, but definitely doesn't cut it.

Reaction score
Get rid of the Powermax turbo.
Not happening unless I get a KC stage 2, which is just as loud. This turbo tows great, spools fast and keeps egt's low enough I don't really have to pay attention to that Guage while towing my 13.5k fiver

Latest posts

Members online