Getting Titan fuel tank.

davidw221

Reaction score
I'm getting a Titan fuel tank installed by the dealership on the 17th, they are charging me $1397. with tax, my question is that normal for the tank and labor?
Can't wait, tired of going to the gas station all the time!
Next project fuel filter system!

Randy G

Reaction score
I am doing one soon. Local stealership wants 300 to install if I bring them the tank. Amazon runs the 50 gal tank for 1100 and change with free shipping, last time I checked.

jcain

Reaction score
not sure about your wrenching skills, but the tank swap is very very easy.

zilla68

Reaction score

is that the number you need?

never mind, it is a bed mount, listed locally here

Last edited:

davidw221

Reaction score
not sure about your wrenching skills, but the tank swap is very very easy.

I don't have a garage to do the work in, so I'm hosed on that one, the particular tank i'm going for is the 37 gallon replacement tank for a 2012 F350 SB, CC. I can't stand the 26 gallon one the factory installed.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
sounds resonable to me esp if the tank is full ect. Plus while its there they can calibrate the miles to empty calculator based on the new capacity.

Ipkyss

Reaction score
any downsides to this? Warranty issue with a non ford tank? My 25gal tank is not going to cut it this summer? Clearance issues with air bags, gooseneck, ouo traction bars?

jcain

Reaction score
I use a transferflow 50gal replacement and have no issues with b&w gooseneck, air bags or pmf traction bars.

Mcgrath7

Reaction score
I have the Titan in my 15, I have a b&w and no problems, hangs about 1 inch lower than a factory tank... If I remember right it is longer towards the front of the truck since the def tank is between it and the rear axle.. If I remember right

Ipkyss

Reaction score
That makes since. Not trying to take from the original post. Just figured it was easier to ask questions here. Can the dealer get the fuel gauge/dte correct or close?

Buck1

Reaction score
Only downside I have found, dealer can't change the fuel capacity in the dash, so range is off. I did a homemade extra vent per the instructions. Doesn't puke on me when I fill it up, which is nice.

Mpoage

Reaction score
Only downside I have found, dealer can't change the fuel capacity in the dash, so range is off.

Ya they can... I installed a transfer flow replacement tank in my Dads truck and I changed it with IDS software.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.