Getting work done on a 6.7...but getting ignored...

crazyradjohnny

Reaction score
I'll start off with saying I'm not trying to complain....more like look for guidance on the issue.

So I'm new to the Diesel performance world and I've been trying to get some quotes on a few things for my 6.7 Engine from a couple different shops. At this point, it seems like the initial email gets a response (which is usually what do you want done) but after that its like my emails get lost in the internet and I don't ever hear back from these guys again. I understand some of the things I'm looking for haven't yet been released but I'd still hope for an answer on just getting my engine built......

So I guess the question is whats the best way of communicating with these shops? Is it by phone? In person? I mean unfortunately I work out on the Northern Slope 2 weeks on and 2 weeks off so cell phone coverage is spotty so email continues to be my best option.

It seems like everyone has been really receptive on these forums and I appreciate it. So hopefully you guys have some ideas.

ingrahams

Reaction score
I have had the same problem working in Africa, most places would much rather talk to you on the phone then by email when it comes to bigger builds, I think it proves to them you are serious and not a teenage kid dreaming which I am sure they probably get a lot. Just my .02.

WHY NOT

Reaction score
I have had the same problem working in Africa, most places would much rather talk to you on the phone then by email when it comes to bigger builds, I think it proves to them you are serious and not a teenage kid dreaming which I am sure they probably get a lot. Just my .02.

Not only this, but it also helps the shops understand exactly what you want. We have a lot of good venders on here and everyone wants the best communication possible to be able to get you exactly what you want.

crazyradjohnny

Reaction score
I kind of figured both things. I mean as far as high school kid dreaming, I'm sure these shops get plenty of requests for estimates, etc...which probably make them more annoying than anything. But hell....if they want a down payment, I'm open to that, if they want me to buy half the parts now I'm open to that....I guess its just frustrating to know that I'm willing to drop so much and its hard to do get anyone reputable to respond to doing the work.

Again not an excuse, but as my wife can attest, decisions from me come pretty slow so I might drive said vendor on the phone pretty crazy...lol.

But alas I guess I'll try giving these guys a call in the next couple weeks.

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
You walk in with a stack of cash and say "get started". Anything else can be construed as kicking tires

crazyradjohnny

Reaction score
Elite and SPE. Built Engine, turbo upgrade and more fuel....like I said I'm aware more air and more fuel are not necessarily available at this point in time....but I'm not even getting responses...

MINK

Reaction score
Elite and SPE. Built Engine, turbo upgrade and more fuel....like I said I'm aware more air and more fuel are not necessarily available at this point in time....but I'm not even getting responses...

Calling Elite is best, I know they take time out of the day to return calls.

I did some dealing with Tad via p.ms last month and got a call from Nathaniel a hour latter ready to collect payment and get my parts shipped to me - they are busy guys though.

crazyradjohnny

Reaction score
Actually I take that back just looking at some emails and Tad from Elite got back to me and he's been sick with the Flu..

But I guess at the end of the day it sounds like you guys are saying calling is just easier.

Last edited:

zilla68

Reaction score
I agree with you johnny, I've had the same issues, but I'm not dropping near the coin you would be. I prefer email, so I can make sure everything I want is in writing, nothing can be misconstrued then, here's what I want, and then again, if/when they respond, you accept what they are telling you and if something is missed and you missed it your at fault.
I've had bad luck with getting vendors to return calls also, not the vendors you listed, but vendors in general.

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
Amy from SPE is on here a lot. I'm sure if you PMed her, she would get back to you fairly quickly.

Calling is definitely the best route to go though.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.