Giggity !.....new toys

8inchstroker

Reaction score
That would be what im inquiring about i just dont know the names for the stuff.and seeing how far youvee taken this truck o didnt know of youd see a need in upgrading those things in relation to the calipers. Forgive my ignorance.

wow civilized:thumbup:

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
I won't be installing for a while. I'm out of state working plus I'm waiting on them to release the rear calipers which is mid-Nov. I'm just stoked they're making a rear caliper...I have no idea how big it'll be but a 6 piston back there sure would be nice. Also gotta have braided brake lines made and make the final call on what rotors to run. Their drilled and slotted ones look nice but I really like the all drilled ones....but at twice the cost of slotted I'm not sure they're worth it.

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Me. Don't even get me started on big blue. Seen your exhaust tip?? LOL

fifty

Reaction score
Any pictures of stock brake pads vs the ssbc pads? Like to see how much more pad area one gets with these....

Not to mention, what kind of pads are offered?

6.0dirtworker

Reaction score
Damn that sounds great. Thank god I'm broke or all 4s would be goin on, and my wallet would hate me even more.

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
Any pictures of stock brake pads vs the ssbc pads? Like to see how much more pad area one gets with these....

Not to mention, what kind of pads are offered?

Braking isn't all about how big the pad is. The clamping force of an 8 piston fixed caliper vs a 2 piston sliding caliper is ridiculous. But the pad is bigger too...It's a common GM pad so upgraded pads are readily available.

SSBC-BRAKES

Reaction score
SSBC will be offering our Tri-Power HD 3-piston caliper for the rear of the 1999-2011 F-250, F-350 and Excursions. The release will be expected in mid January. The Tri-Power HD calipers will have (3) 51mm stainless steel pistons in a floating billet aluminum caliper housing. The Tri-Power HD caliper has the clamping force of a 6-piston fixed caliper, just in a 3-piston sliding design. The Tri-Power HD caliper will be the ultimate complement to our popular V8 8-piston caliper to complete your brake system.

BK39

Reaction score
It may have been in here somewhere and I overlooked it, but what's a ball park figure($$$$.xx) on this set up? I'd love to have a set for my big X. pending price of course.

SSBC-BRAKES

Reaction score
I don't know where mid-November came from. That is why I put up the accurate release date. The rear caliper set will be under a $1000. The final pricing is not set as of yet as we are waiting to see if any changes need to be done while installed on our test vehicles. I will let you guys know of any new information. I'm trying to push R&D to get an earlier release date for these.
Once anybody has the V8 calipers installed on their ride. Send me some pics, I will put them up on our website or Facebook page.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.