Gimmick?

uga33

Reaction score
It's just a discussion. Instead of worthless comments, explain why it wouldn't work.

I agree. There isn't anything online anywhere saying "yay" or "nay" for our trucks. There is a bunch of stuff saying "yay" for the TDI VWs. Just nothing on a 6.7 or LML D/Max.

JetExpress_6.7

Reaction score
If there was a way to isolate the low pressure fuel chamber of the pump from the high pressure chamber so the high side only received fresh filtered fuel, the injectors would be protected. I don't even know if that is possible.

BTW this is exactly the principle of the kit. They are "bypassing" or blocking the passage from crankcase to the high pressure pump side and returning it all to the tank. Then the inlet/suction of the high pressure side pulls directly from the filters and electric lift pump.

getstroked27

Reaction score
There is no Cp3 conversion. CP3 won't fit. We tried. closest we ever got was gutting the cp4 and running 2 big ass cp3's..... Works well.

Attachments

• 485.jpg
    485.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 139
  • UCCsetup.jpg
    UCCsetup.jpg
    176.2 KB · Views: 137
Reaction score
It's just a discussion. Instead of worthless comments, explain why it wouldn't work.

The problem is CP4s are junk when the flow demands are increased. Just because you give another path for fuel on the low pressure side doesn't mean the high pressure side is protected from failure, which will still wipe out the injectors.

JetExpress_6.7

Reaction score
The problem is CP4s are junk when the flow demands are increased. Just because you give another path for fuel on the low pressure side doesn't mean the high pressure side is protected from failure, which will still wipe out the injectors.

Has there been instances of piston failure (high pressure side) in these pumps as well?? I was under the impression the only mode of failure seen in them so far were the roller cam/follower part. At least that's the high wear part that I see

Inline6359

Reaction score

Which is the more prone failure point? High pressure side or the low pressure side?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.