going to the track next weekend for the first time with nitrous..

ZombieSoldier

Reaction score
I have been consistent 8.13@84 in the 1/8 mile with no traction bars, full weight, and leaving the line at 12psi. I will be spraying a "150" shot of nitrous. what do you think my times will be? I will be dropping my hitch, and spare tire, and still no traction bars.

bft blue oval boys

Reaction score
Hmmm, I would think you should be faster than that with your mods anyway... What's your 60' and weight?

You should be into the 7's pretty good with nitrous

Sent from a Cummins plant, driving a Powerstroke, with a TDI on the side!

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
This truck should do 12.0 in the 1/4 with nitrous. It ran 12.48-12.52 consistently at 7600 lbs on fuel before the 71mm. Obviously it's a little heavier now and you don't have street tires or traction bars, but it should still run low 12's pretty easily I would think.

bft blue oval boys

Reaction score
This truck should do 12.0 in the 1/4 with nitrous. It ran 12.48-12.52 consistently at 7600 lbs on fuel before the 71mm. Obviously it's a little heavier now and you don't have street tires or traction bars, but it should still run low 12's pretty easily I would think.
12.5x's on stock turbos?

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
he went 12.30 .. his truck was a freak cuz nobody else ever came close!

12.32 to be exact. :D

The quickest it ever went at my home track was 12.48, and that was with a really good 60 foot. Trapped like 105-106 tops. The times at ZMax at Aaron's event were pretty crazy. Not sure why, but they were much quicker than normal that day. So I say 12.48-12.52 because I could do that at my home track (Atlanta Dragway) consistently.

bft blue oval boys

Reaction score
12.32 to be exact. :D

The quickest it ever went at my home track was 12.48, and that was with a really good 60 foot. Trapped like 105-106 tops. The times at ZMax at Aaron's event were pretty crazy. Not sure why, but they were much quicker than normal that day. So I say 12.48-12.52 because I could do that at my home track (Atlanta Dragway) consistently.
That is insane! What all did you do for weight reduction?

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
That is insane! What all did you do for weight reduction?

Spare gone, reciever hitch gone, and tailgate gone. It had less than 1/4 tank when I weighed it I believe. The 20x9 BMF's, Proxes, no rear block, and 4400 lb front coils helped a little too. It weighed 7620 with me in it on a scale at a local stone company.

bft blue oval boys

Reaction score
Spare gone, reciever hitch gone, and tailgate gone. It had less than 1/4 tank when I weighed it I believe. The 20x9 BMF's, Proxes, no rear block, and 4400 lb front coils helped a little too. It weighed 7620 with me in it.
I ran 13.0 on canned H&S tune at full weight, 8100lbs. Got Gearhead tunes and lost hitch, spare, bumper (roll pan), rear tray, and gonna take off tailgate which has step and camera in it. Really hoping for some good times.

Have a local buddy running 8.1x's in his lly I'm hoping to beat lol

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
I ran 13.0 on canned H&S tune at full weight, 8100lbs. Got Gearhead tunes and lost hitch, spare, bumper (roll pan), rear tray, and gonna take off tailgate which has step and camera in it. Really hoping for some good times.

Have a local buddy running 8.1x's in his lly I'm hoping to beat lol

You'll be running 12's no problem.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I went 8.0's all day long in the 310 tune with tailgate and spare removed, 1/4 tank. 7920 raceweight with 200 lb driver. 60ft was always 1.6x

bft blue oval boys

Reaction score
I went 8.0's all day long in the 310 tune with tailgate and spare removed, 1/4 tank. 7920 raceweight with 200 lb driver. 60ft was always 1.6x
I'm honestly thinking about driving a hour and a half by myself to the track Sunday and seeing how it does now. Really wanting 8.0's but my best 60' so far has been 1.77

ZombieSoldier

Reaction score
I will be running 1/8th mile at Douglass Motorsports Park in Nichols GA on the 28th. I was hoping 7.50's with dropping a little weight, and the nitrous.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm honestly thinking about driving a hour and a half by myself to the track Sunday and seeing how it does now. Really wanting 8.0's but my best 60' so far has been 1.77

u need traction bars.

madman1234509

Reaction score
Jeff, didn't you do those times with caltracs on the truck as well? Not just conventional traction bars that most use?

Randall your biggest game changers will be the tuning.... Off the shelf h and s tuning compared to gearhead obviously is a little weak, and h and s shifting strategy is no where near as good. And also traction bars if you don't have them. They make such a huge difference, even on a stock height truck launching and shifting.

Latest posts

Members online