Good deal you think or not?

06Stroker

Reaction score
I was on craigslist i found a set of stacks on there 5inchs black i allready talked the guy down to 75$ i know cheep money for stacks but i keep going back a forth on stacks on my truck and im not crazy about driling a hole in my bed either how do you guy think they will look (if you go to my Gallery the pictures are there I couldn't upload them from my phone)

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
You will eventually regret stacks if not right away. Just get a normal exhaust that will not deteriorate the value of your truck.

ghostrider112

Reaction score
I've got stacks on mine and they were cool for about 2 weeks. The drone is rediculous, everything gets covered in soot, they have to be covered when it rains, sometimes they rattle on the bed. Just all around annoying. Don't do it, you'll regret it

dentexpowerstroke

Reaction score
They do seem like they would get annoying like previously stated. Mine will get a stack when it's getting raced every weekend, I'll probably neuter my truck with a muffler when it gets one tho.

littleredstroker

Reaction score
Had stacks for almost 2 years now. I love them. I will never regret them. The drone on the highway And soot getting over everything has never been a problem of mine..

sent while trying not to JJ My rods!!!!!!

jdc753

Reaction score
I personally not a big fan of stacks, I can only imagine how loud they would be in a single cab truck too. Plus it'll make a mess of the truck, think how much snow would be inside them after tomorrow's storm, and where that snow will go when you start up the truck.

littleredstroker

Reaction score
The only time you get a mess is when snow/ rain gets inside. I throw coffee cans over mine at night if its gonna storm.. as long as the tops of the stacks are at or above the roof the drone will be barley noticeable. Nothing compared to straight piped Cummings . If you like the look do it. Piss on what others think or say.

sent while trying not to JJ My rods!!!!!!

Sicksoh

Reaction score
I have had stacks for three years and still like them, I tow all the time and have no drone. I basically have two systems on the truck I have dual 6" miters that are straight piped but I can hit a switch in the cab and it controls a diverter ( not to be confused with cut outs) that routes the exhaust through a fte resonator that dumps just in front of the spare tire. Love this setup can have nice and quiet when I am. Highway cruising or towing but can have in straight when play time rolls around.

g2shuck

Reaction score
I have NEVER regretted my stack... dontever cover it in the rain, dont cover my truck in soot and it NEVER rattles.... also no drone here either

Sicksoh

Reaction score
You would have been happier either way. When stacks are done right they don't drone or vibrate, or look stupid. Either way opening up your exhaust is going to put a smile on your face.

AirFishAutomotive

Reaction score
I had a 8 inch stack for my 450 and I "placed" it in the bed and saw how it looked and didn't like it and never put it on the truck. Ive heard some trucks with stacks and they sound pretty good but all of our company trucks are silver or white so I wouldn't want to have to deal with soot everywhere, don't care about the noise. some trucks look good with stacks but its like anything else to each there own. as far as resale goes it isn't that big of an issue tach a piece of metal & put a bed cover it. no difference Imo, obviously tell the new buyer it did have a stack.

stacks will kill truck sales though that's guaranteed.

Sicksoh

Reaction score
I kept the price I cut out of the bed so if I did take the stack off I can weld it back in be the. Spray line x over it would be just as strong as new and look just as good.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.