Good & Quiet Exhaust

Carolina_PSD

Reaction score
I am running a 4" Flo-Pro with standard muffler now, it is a huge improvement over the 5" I was running. The drone with my 5" was getting unbearable on the highway... Planning to try some different mufflers soon as we have had several customers ask about something quieter.

dsmracing1

Reaction score
I am running a 4" Flo-Pro with standard muffler now, it is a huge improvement over the 5" I was running. The drone with my 5" was getting unbearable on the highway... Planning to try some different mufflers soon as we have had several customers ask about something quieter.

Thoowing a resonator on over a muffler will get rid of that drone in a hurry. I did a resonator/muffler combo and it was too quiet so I ended up going with just a resonator and no cab drone but it's got a nice bark with the 5"...

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
I tried multiple combos on my last truck...the 30" FTW resonator and Hushpower muffler on a 5" system was almost as quiet as a stock truck and that was a twin turbo Cummins.
Those resonators flat out work.

RickyB

Reaction score
I'm looking to find if someone makes a turbo back for a '15, 4" stainless exhaust with good muffler & resonator . From what I'm reading that should be a quiet setup & last long.

Reaction score
we offer our delete pipe with a full 30" muffler in it if interested in going that way...

IMG_0494_1.jpg

knaffie

Reaction score
On my last truck, I tried a few different mufflers and Corsa proved to be by far the best at eliminating the drone. It's an expensive muffler, but it's made out of 304, so it will last forever. It was quieter than stock going down the highway, but still sounded good when you really got on it. And it was a straight through with my baffles interrupting flow, so it should not have presented any restriction issues.

Jassman

Reaction score
I just went with a MBRP set up. I like that old school look with two pipes coming out the corners..lol Its called there cool duals. I have DPF on and the system connected right after the Cat. Looks good, sounds just like stock with better breathing. I was wanting just a little more sound than stock, but am leaving it alone for now. Call Steve at Absolute Performance or Eric at Innovative diesel, both great guys with excellent pricing that will build you a package if you want to go in that direction. Good Luck.

Attachments

• index.jpg
    index.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 60

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.