Good replacement tires in 285 70 18 (stock wheels)

1BD9D7

Reaction score
We have two F350 trucks, both use 285 70 18 stock size tires. Farm trucks, they see gravel roads at 35-40 mph, pull average trailer loads (definately less than 50% of miles are with a trailer on), is there any tire that will last very well? Never had a set capable of lasting more than 20-25k miles...

Current tires on 2006: cooper discoverer st maxx they are awful/ uneven wear/ unusable at about 20k miles (mud terrain, probably will never use mud terrain again). On the 2011: stock michelin ltx at2, evenly worn down to 2-3/32" at only about 22k miles.

Does anyone actually get 40k miles (or even close to that) out of tires on diesel trucks? I don't see that anything abuses our tires other than the gravel can certainly chew on them somewhat, i don't think it should cut the life in half. It would be nice to have something a little more aggressive than the stock michelins, but mud terrains are also not a good option.

Twan

Reaction score
The gravel will eat tire's sadly. I got 50-55k out of good year silent armore's on my dually pulling trailers. I think I will get 30-35k out of my toyo mud's.

Pro comp has a 50k mileage warranty. Might be work looking into them. They lasted me over 50k.

Latest posts

Members online