good snow rubbers

ToMang07

Reaction score
you guys that actually get a lot of snow (Maine, Vermont, Colorado, Wy and such), do you guys stud your tires or find they wear off right away because of the weight of our trucks

If I have enough $$$ for a spare set of tires/rims I'll stud them. I used to. I haven't in a few years. But yes, if you spin them out you can tear the studs out. Plus most states limit how long you can run studs. (Like October to May)

mclean

Reaction score
Yeah I would have a winter set of rims and rubber and studs are nice up here because it gets so cold that they can't salt the roads so half the winter we are driving on an inch of very very packed in snow (may as well be ice). The studs help on lighter vehicles but I was curious as how they last with 8000lbs

ToMang07

Reaction score
Yeah I would have a winter set of rims and rubber and studs are nice up here because it gets so cold that they can't salt the roads so half the winter we are driving on an inch of very very packed in snow (may as well be ice). The studs help on lighter vehicles but I was curious as how they last with 8000lbs

I never put them on my current truck, but I ran them on my hal ton chebby and it mad a pretty big difference in ice, IMO.

Rene G

Reaction score
I have a set of studded winter tires in separate rims. I've had them for one winter and they still look pretty much new, however there are a few studs missing.

Mpoage

Reaction score
I dont have much input about them in the snow but my Duratrac's have gotten me out of a few spots I thought I was gonna have to be pulled out. Duratrac's FTW!!

th_IMG_6419.jpg

2012-02-16154909.jpg

2012-02-16155151.jpg

kyle43335

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
14hrs worth of window time. frig en eh.

i think i will make the trip out next year. the black truck will be done,and the new motor for the puller.

alwil

Reaction score
G/Y wrangler Duratrac for me in freaking Quebec with tonnes of the white stuff

This is what I run also, so far they have better winter traction than toyo mt, at .
Those are the only other tires I have ran on my truck.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

AllGo'N'Show

Reaction score
Interested to see how the FCII's work for you, I got a set of Toyo ATII as well I am going to try once for fun but I'll keep the DMV1's on for sure.

FORD7.3

Reaction score
Im still with my ATZs in a 325/65R18, they worked freaking awesome last year pushing 1ft of snow in the hills only needed 4wd to get up around a corner that was a little slick.

Latest posts

Members online