Gooseneck Rentals

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
Ive hauled the same size dozer on my 35 foot pj.
That was with a 550 tho.

You wont be legal doing it with your truck but not saying it cant be done.

Pj trailers are the only ones i would haul that kind of load with.

Has to be a local company that would want to move it for you. A dump truck with a tag trailer shouldnt charge more than 5-600 bucks for such a short haul.

I wouldn't hesitate to haul it on my Load Max trailer - but I'm not saying it would be legal to do so - and I'm not saying that I would loan my trailer to someone wanting to haul something that large and heavy either.

B585Ford

Reaction score
Or talk to any construction company that does excavation. They prob have a truck and trailer to do it

sent while trying not to JJ My rods!!!!!!

That's actually what I have started doing. My work schedule makes it difficult, but I am trying.

B585Ford

Reaction score
I wouldn't hesitate to haul it on my Load Max trailer - but I'm not saying it would be legal to do so - and I'm not saying that I would loan my trailer to someone wanting to haul something that large and heavy either.

I definitely understand where you are coming from on this. I wouldn't rent a trailer to someone I didn't know who I knew was exceeding their truck's capacity. I personally fee confident in my abilities and what my truck and can't do, but I wouldn't trust that just anyone knows those capabilities so it probably will be difficult to find...especially when you start considering lawyers/liability, etc.
Now in terms in legality...most of us run our trucks illegal already, but I personally only drive my truck off-road and in those rare circumstances when I need to put it on road, I re-install my DPF filters, my EGR, route my CCV to the stock configuration, and tune it back to stock. :angel:

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
I definitely understand where you are coming from on this. I wouldn't rent a trailer to someone I didn't know who I knew was exceeding their truck's capacity. I personally fee confident in my abilities and what my truck and can't do, but I wouldn't trust that just anyone knows those capabilities so it probably will be difficult to find...especially when you start considering lawyers/liability, etc.
Now in terms in legality...most of us run our trucks illegal already, but I personally only drive my truck off-road and in those rare circumstances when I need to put it on road, I re-install my DPF filters, my EGR, route my CCV to the stock configuration, and tune it back to stock. :angel:

Perfect. I'm glad you understand. I'm also glad that you reinstall all of that stuff every time you decide to venture onto the public highway system. ;)

genuineford

Reaction score
I just towed this 150 miles for my dad a few weeks back. It weighs about the same as the load you are looking to move. The truck handled it well and the trailer was borrowed but my dad and I are in the process of finding a tandem dual gooseneck trailer to buy.

IMG_20121214_142257_564_zps63d3d351.jpg

IMG_20121214_142237_216_zps4243e726.jpg

IMG_20121214_142413_739_zps0336ee1f.jpg

IMG_20121214_162439_441_zpsa58697f7.jpg

B585Ford

Reaction score
I just towed this 150 miles for my dad a few weeks back. It weighs about the same as the load you are looking to move. The truck handled it well and the trailer was borrowed but my dad and I are in the process of finding a tandem dual gooseneck trailer to buy.

IMG_20121214_142257_564_zps63d3d351.jpg

IMG_20121214_142237_216_zps4243e726.jpg

IMG_20121214_142413_739_zps0336ee1f.jpg

IMG_20121214_162439_441_zpsa58697f7.jpg

Awesome. There's nothing like seein a Ford pickup haulin a dozer/loader. I thought I had one lined up, but the guy was worried about his ramps. Anyways, your pics inspire me to keep lookin. Thanks.

Denver

Reaction score

Not having a DPF and being over loaded are 2 different types of legality. You get in an accident without a DPF not a big deal. You get in an accident over loaded, big deal. Someone gets killed you will probably be going to jail. I would pay someone to move it. It's cheap insurance.

B585Ford

Reaction score
Not having a DPF and being over loaded are 2 different types of legality. You get in an accident without a DPF not a big deal. You get in an accident over loaded, big deal. Someone gets killed you will probably be going to jail. I would pay someone to move it. It's cheap insurance.

As I acknowledged before, I see the point...even if it is stupid...just because something is the law, don't mean it makes sense...FYI this aint my first rodeo...in my younger years when I worked worked for a construction outfit, I loaded (loaders/dozers/etc) and hauled single axle dump trucks (loaded) with a dozer/loader, hauled a ton of things with my dumper, even hauled cattle before. Now, in my older years, I don't usually tow above 26500 so I only care a Class D license, but like I said before, I feel confident in my (and my truck's) abilities.

Twan

Reaction score
With a smaller trailer (20' 5' dove) 12k axles your not overloaded at all. You boy's better never come to the mid west, we gross 30-32k all the time, and my axles are still not overloaded. The gross weight is just a way to keep the dealers safe. Oil fields have Duallys liencend to pull 30k were my buddy worked a few years back. If we all followed laws and rules stuff would never get done. Just got to use your head and be smart about it. Which it sounds like be is.

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
With a smaller trailer (20' 5' dove) 12k axles your not overloaded at all. You boy's better never come to the mid west, we gross 30-32k all the time, and my axles are still not overloaded. The gross weight is just a way to keep the dealers safe. Oil fields have Duallys liencend to pull 30k were my buddy worked a few years back. If we all followed laws and rules stuff would never get done. Just got to use your head and be smart about it. Which it sounds like be is.

What is safe to haul and what is legal to haul is not always the same thing. ;) I load to those weights all the time too - but I would never expect anyone to rent me a trailer to run a legally overloaded load.

Twan

Reaction score
You can get licensed for it. But I hear you on the renting, my friends dad owns a rental store. The people they rent to scary me, they've asked why they can't pull a bob cat on there bumper ball. Lol.

Last edited:

Twan

Reaction score
Edit, you could a few years ago. Anyone know if we can still get our trucks licensed for that weight anymore? My friend looked into it a year ago, and insurance had to be gotten frist, it was about 10-12k a year on his 1ton with the min, so I'm sure it would be around 15k for the right amount.

B585Ford

Reaction score

That was exactly my point and BTW, I didn't mean any disrespect Denver. It really hit home for me when a family friend was almost killed by a trucker last year. In the area I will be towing, in the last 5 yrs, natural gas drilling has gone through the roof. There is a nasty hill that kills a few people driving trucks every year. Usually the people are from oil and gas business. Usually they are water haulers for the wells and usually they are from Texas or Oklahoma and new to area. In every death that I know of, the driver had their CDL and their rigs were legal. I have been told they don't have Jake brakes (which seems crazy to me and I didn't know any of them didn't but I have always driven in hills/mountains so everything I have driven did have a Jake) but maybe it wouldn't be necessary on flat ground. Anyways, even though they are completely legal, they lack the experience of driving down 6-9% on a 2-lane with several 90 to 180 degree turns. As soon as I learned I might need to move this thing, I used MCC to make an exhaust brake and have dialing it in for the last few months. I guarantee that I pose a lot less danger than the those guys who have never driven on these types of roads. And in the incident I was referring to, the driver lost his brakes and they think he was going to try to roll the truck before it went over the hill, when our friend came around the turn. The driver swerved so he didn't hit her head on (it still totaled the car but she wasn't hurt very bad) and unfortunately, that swerve, cost the driver his life. He was 44 yrs old, had his CDL for over 10 yrs, and had 2 kids and wife back in Texas. I don't claim to know how to fix the system, but I would say that it failed in this case.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.