Got a Cracked Piston.. Need a stock cracked piston ASAP

GotStroke

Reaction score
Recently had some work done to the truck and cracked a piston. I've been told everything is ok but I want to do some further testing but the work was done under warranty and unless I can find a replacement cracked stock piston quick I will have to turned it in.

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
Are you looking for a cracked stock piston to turn in under warranty in an attempt to defraud a company into paying for an issue that you caused by modifying and voiding your warranty?

dsberman94

Reaction score
He wants to do testing on the cracked piston but he needs a core piston to turn in so he can do testing on his cracked one. Took me a couple times.

Cknox121

Reaction score
Are you looking for a cracked stock piston to turn in under warranty in an attempt to defraud a company into paying for an issue that you caused by modifying and voiding your warranty?

You would be surprised...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GotStroke

Reaction score
He wants to do testing on the cracked piston but he needs a core piston to turn in so he can do testing on his cracked one. Took me a couple times.

^^^^^ correct, Sorry I was in a hurry and I should have spent more time on my punctuation so that it was easier to understand. Too late tech turned it in.

No not trying to defraud anyone. Just like Dsberman said, I want to have my piston X-rayed and then cut at work to see if it had casting flaws or I may have a potential injector issue.

Last edited:

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
^^^^^ correct, Sorry I was in a hurry and I should have spent more time on my punctuation so that it was easier to understand. Too late tech turned it in.

No not trying to defraud anyone. Just like Dsberman said, I want to have my piston X-rayed and then cut at work to see if it had casting flaws or I may have a potential injector issue.

Being in a hurry to post something like this never helps. Clear sentences with intent would be helpful.

In this case some pictures of the piston and its failure would help. Many of us have dealt with piston failures of a variety of types and probably can identify your cause with a visual. Typically when it comes to injector issues the top of the piston is melted some. In fact I can't picture a piston failure cause by an injector that doesn't have some form of melting or deformation indicating some hot spots cause by excess fuel. If you are that concerned about your injectors you should send them out to flowed and balanced as a precaution. With a casting defect, any number of failures are possible. Most likely you simply exceeded the limits of the piston, which isn't all that uncommon either.

GotStroke

Reaction score
I appreciate the trolling, apology for requiring excessive brain power to read and interpret my post.
If you were more focused on the question, rather than correcting me, you would have gathered that I NEEDED a piston to GET my piston. Find a tech who is working under warranty thats willing to wait for injectors to be sent off then shipped back.

Bottom line: Premature failure confirmed, cause unknown. Probably too many regen cycles.
I again apologize for upsetting your brain. Ill consult a English/grammar major before posting next time.

Again the piston has already been turned in. I have no need for a piston, this post is useless. Sry for the wasted, ill punctuated post.

Latest posts

Members online