Got a weird electrical issue for the 6.4 masters

DMDP

Reaction score
2010 f250 ccsb. innovative tunes on a livewire, 5 inch exhaust, s&b intake, and 3 isspro ev2 gauges. Leveling kit, hid's, gooseneck hitch and airbags. That's it. Nothing else has been messed with nor have I had a single issue outta it except this:

About 5 times in the past year I've had the radio, lights, and instrument panel all turn off while I'm driving down the road. The first time, the Truck stayed running, I pulled over and with in 45 secs it went back to normal. The other 4 times everything just flashed off then came back on. Resulting in my clock being reset to 12:00 and the radio turned off.

Now today, I just got home from work (20 min drive), parked in the driveway and ran inside. Come out 15 mins later and go to get in and fire it up and it's completely dead! No door dinger, no lights, and the key didn't do anything. I sat there for like a minute thinking WTF is going on and decided to pop the hood and look around. As soon as I pulled the lever for the hood and it popped, everything came back on...
:wtf:

We are leavin tomorrow around 1 headin to a pull about 2 hours away and don't need to be worrying about my tow pig leavin me stranded. The pullers plenty good at that.

What's your thoughts??

jimdawg185

Reaction score
Could be in PATS. Mine acts up from time to time. Not like that, but on startup.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
need to check the battery cable esp on the drivers side, there is a wire that powers basically the entire cab.

Could also be the smart junction block in the cab or whatever its called,

Also check the cab grounds by the pcm and under the passenger front door.

Then check the plugs under the master cylinder, both of them power the cab and other things.

then check the pcm harness connections

after that, i gots no idea LOL

HD F250

Reaction score
My truck did some weird electrical stuff and it ended up being a loose battery terminal. I would have never guessed it could have caused so many issues, but Ben at Rudy's told me he had similar experiences and saved the day for me. Good luck!

DMDP

Reaction score
need to check the battery cable esp on the drivers side, there is a wire that powers basically the entire cab.

Could also be the smart junction block in the cab or whatever its called,

Also check the cab grounds by the pcm and under the passenger front door.

Then check the plugs under the master cylinder, both of them power the cab and other things.

then check the pcm harness connections

after that, i gots no idea LOL

I'll go through everything you said here in a few minutes and report back. It definitely sounds like a ground issue but all terminals look perfect and its not like its a rust old truck. I won't drive it if it even drizzled the night before. LOL.
I'm not terribly worried about it leavin me stranded but the no start crap this afternoon really made me nervous there

Thanks guys!

DMDP

Reaction score
Well, looks are deceiving! Went to take terminals apart, one stud was a TINY bit loose and it just broke off. There was corrosion in between everything too before I cleaned it. And as soon as i took the wire off, everything turned off just like its been doing. Surprised the hell outta me LOL. Thanks a million guys!
a3c0c96519a06f9d2643c5c7f9445a77.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.