Got a wierd one for you guys!

20007.3stroker

Reaction score
Compression checks out good and consistent across the board. Batterys were getting a little weak so it wasnt turning as fast as it should have, but it still hit over 350psi on all 8 cylinders. If it had been turning as fast as it should it would have been even better. Also thats not compensating for altitude like is suggested in the right up, which puts it close or over 400psi as is. So now to start looking at wiring and injectors. Should be able to do more diagnosing on Thursday. If any one has some specific suggestions Im all ears. dont forget Ive got a Ford IDS at my disposal Along with a Solus and some other things!!

20007.3stroker

Reaction score
Got it together enough to run some tests and look at a few things. Unfortunately it was didnt run to bad, though I can still feel a slight hickup miss at idle that gets more pronounced as the rpm's go up. Multiple buzz tests and contribution tests show all good, but Im not sure what to do next. When this all started I tested the UVCH harness's and they checked out. I did watch perdel's on all cylinders 5 & 8 are the only ones that werent at 0. 5 was hovering at about 1% and 8 was about 2.5%. Im at a loss now and my instructor's were no help on figuring out what to do next, so Im calling all the experts or people close to experts!!!!

20007.3stroker

Reaction score
Ive been thinking is it possible theres an issue in one or more of the injectors that the buzz tests could have for a lack of a better term temporarily corrected? One of the reasons I ask is I got thinking about it and the first couple I ran a couple of the injectors didnt sound as loud as the others, then they all started to sound the same.

560puller

Reaction score
Easy way to test uvc is swap harness plugs side to side. It will reach just dont force anything and remember will buzz out of order and codes would be wrong. Best way hands down to find weak injector is monitor mass fuel desired pid and cancel injectors one at a time. The cylinder that has least change from value shown with all enabled is weakest. This is because ecm is already compensating to maintain idle. Left ford in 04 so never used IDS put have done it on my solus pro. We used to have external controller to cancel inj's out but I heard IDS has it. Not sure though. Once you find weak one you can swap with another cylinder if you want or take to have run on test bench. Good luck.

20007.3stroker

Reaction score
Well, had to bring it back home. The temp in the shop was between 70 and 80* when I pulled it out to load it up. Fired right up and didnt smoke to bad, took a little bit to load so it got warmed up. About an 1hr-1 1/2hr on the trailer ride home with a temp in the mid 30's. Fired it up, wasnt running as good and by the time I got it parked it couldnt move it self. Didnt get anywhere near warm this time. Well just before that I was chatting with POWER-STRUCK for quite awhile discussing the problem. Im really leaning toward injector problem, specifically the poppet valves. Unfortunately where I have it now is not heated and its been extremely cold. And with me thinking these are the original injectors, unless someone can come up with anything that hasnt been tested. Im gonna go that direction. I really need to get the truck going!

20007.3stroker

Reaction score
Ended up getting some lower mileage injectors from airfish and started putting them in this past weekend. When I pulled it into the shed it was running fine, so it almost seems like an injector or 2 is sticking. Heres an example of the difference visually between the injectors I got from airfish and my originals. Originals on the right, ones from airfish on the left. Both of the first 2 originals pulled looked like this and thats all the farther I got right now.

2013-03-17_17-26-56_388_zpsaed1d4c8.jpg

Latest posts