Got engine pulled. Broken oil coolers

Magnum PD

Reaction score
I'll call them tomorrow. Don't believe ANOTHER rebuild is necessary. Don't have the money for it to be inspected in all honesty.

psduser1

Reaction score
I would think that would be a "warranty" issue, for lack of a better word.
A check for rotating interferences is a requirement with aftermarket parts.
Aside from good practice.

Magnum PD

Reaction score
Went by the machine shop and found out that they're closing their doors. :( But the owner lives near by and come by the building where engine is at and look at it.

Magnum PD

Reaction score
Valley Automotive Assembled it. Jason had Bill, the race engine builder do some work on his motor.

Magnum PD

Reaction score
Ordered oil jets from Riff Raff and bolts for them. Saw a lot of items that I don't see elsewhere. Good site.

superpsd

Reaction score
Did the builder look at the busted piston? I do like RiffRff the prices are very affordable and great customer service.

Last edited:

97f350stroker

Reaction score
Yea I have nothing but good experiences with riff raff. Anyway that piston would have me a little worried, especially with the extensive mods I'm your case. Just seems like it's a weak point that could lead to complete catastrophic failure.

Magnum PD

Reaction score
Turned engine over, the rods are hitting the jets. I looked at the chipped piston, for me it's not worth tearing down everything for that small matter. Yes I'll get the machinist to look at it and get his opinion. Don't see the cylinder wall scared from damage or damage to critical componets. Just my .02

Magnum PD

Reaction score
It's really hard to see them when the two make contact. They're just "touching" but enough to do damage.

Gonna have to modify the jets somehow.

psduser1

Reaction score
Turned engine over, the rods are hitting the jets. I looked at the chipped piston, for me it's not worth tearing down everything for that small matter. Yes I'll get the machinist to look at it and get his opinion. Don't see the cylinder wall scared from damage or damage to critical componets. Just my .02

Don't know what kind of rpms you want to run this at, but that will affect your balance job.

Magnum PD

Reaction score
Been busy. They won't be balanced like they should be. Still waiting on new coolers to come.

Magnum PD

Reaction score
Really like how they welded the jets. Even better than the way Swamps did theirs. Pic doesn't do it justice. Hard to focus.

image_zpsrgwkigdt.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.