Got the truck repainted - pics

Austen

Reaction score
I had my truck repainted recently and thought I'd post up some pics. It's the same color code, "UD." I primarily wanted a fairly big flaw fixed that was that was from a previous owner. It was basically three or four very heavy scratches that went through one of the rear 4x4 decals next to the taillight. I had two body shops say they could simply fix the scratches and repaint the area and blend it in with the old paint. It was an option but I knew that I would be able to see "through it" no matter how well it was done or blended in so I decided to have the whole thing redone. Besides the primary flaw, the original paint wasn't horrible, but was definitely beginning to show its age in more than a few areas and there were a couple smaller things that needed to be taken care of like a broken cab corner trim piece that needed replaced. I also had a bunch of other things color matched like a new grill I purchased, the rear cab guard, and the windshield wiper arms which were seriously faded. Overall, it came out pretty nice. It's not a top of the line $10-15k paint job but not a $500 piece of crap either. It's primarily a "do it all" truck that's going to get scratched up in the element so a "nice refresh" is what I was after. I've had several people suggest to me in the past that I upgrade the headlights to the later one piece style. I don't have plans to do that as I like it to not be mistaken for anything other than a 7.3 and for some reason they remind me a lot of my cousin in law, Dustin's, '01 7.3 that I have a lot of fond memories of.

Next up will be to install the 38R turbo, bellowed up-pipes, and other accessories I got.

Here's some pics!

3nd9iEL.jpg

ejWIZ1I.jpg

bwpp0E2.jpg

Xq70VOM.jpg

rrZdMZo.jpg

HVzqvcf.jpg

Wp34WD5.jpg

InkUhAn.jpg

UqXRIsZ.jpg

cSEBlHL.jpg

VPSQBLg.jpg

sqiYJka.jpg

OdSnF5i.jpg

TMhJx1I.jpg

fSR16Rp.jpg

lWwiTKZ.jpg

aoTkqzO.jpg

RsVsH93.jpg

jULYh2k.jpg

eKqf77x.jpg

9ECWeK9.jpg

7IjAJ75.jpg

Last edited:

Betarocker

Reaction score
Looks good.

Just throwing out there, but if you ever consider front and rear lockers and 4.10s, I'm selling my 04 that has those.

Austen

Reaction score
Looks good.

Just throwing out there, but if you ever consider front and rear lockers and 4.10s, I'm selling my 04 that has those.

Thanks man,

I'll keep that in mind.

Looks good! Mine needs a paint job- one of these days

Thanks! Yeah, it's one of those things I've put off for a while but finally decided to get it done. Feels like a different truck.

Emery19

Reaction score
looks good man, i know you dont want to update your headlights but have you thought of upgrading to the 02-04 3 pieces that are more clear?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.