gt40 on a 6.0?

SleeperDuty

Reaction score
Has it been done on a 6.0l as the title say's. I'm a little curious as to how well one would run compared to a 64 non vgt.

motoxracer42

Reaction score
should run close in spool up to a 64/71. ive never had one on a 6.0 but on a cummins they do. they run a little hotter on egts though.

SleeperDuty

Reaction score
should run close in spool up to a 64/71. ive never had one on a 6.0 but on a cummins they do. they run a little hotter on egts though.

so there wouldn't be advantage on running one over a non vgt simmilar in size. what turbo did you have when you ran a single one of elite's turbo's right?

motoxracer42

Reaction score
i had the vgt ho which has the same comp wheel as the gt4094. turbine wheel isnt as good though. the 4094 will make way more power than an ho but i doubt the street manners will be as good.

SleeperDuty

Reaction score
even with a .85 ex housing? Why is it that no one has really ran any vgt turbo's other than the p-max on a 6.0? is it a back pressure issue or somthing

strokin6L

Reaction score
there's guys running vgt turbo's other than the powermax. II has a couple, beans has one that guys are runnin, elite has some and there's guys out there running those.

smokinstroker

Reaction score
Both are great.
The SS was very fast to spool had great manners but was a bit small for 205s.
62/71/.90
Than ran the SSX which I'm selling now is a tad laggier but not much. Still runs its butt off and puts 205s to a haze. That is a 64/72/.90- this is a 600rwhp turbo

SleeperDuty

Reaction score
there's guys running vgt turbo's other than the powermax. II has a couple, beans has one that guys are runnin, elite has some and there's guys out there running those.

I'm aware of those turbos but dont see alot of guys running them. i have seen a few with elite's vgt turbos.

alwil

Reaction score
I'm aware of those turbos but dont see alot of guys running them. i have seen a few with elite's vgt turbos.

I have an II Hybrid, spools fine.....egts run about the same as stock unless the tow haul button is used then it runs cooler than stock.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.