gtx 4202r whats the back pressure and

sideswipe

Reaction score
what sticks and housing can you run the coolest temps with this turbo. Another thing i was wondering the lowest back pressure turbo to get
500 hp out of without straining the turbo, and yes i did do a search on
it.

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
Thats a big turbo. They also have many housing sizes. Id either gate it with a 1.00 or a 1.15. The more open the housing (bigger number) The less backpressure, but the slower it spools as backpressure is what gets the turbo spinning.

That turbo would be good with sticks 250/200 and up.

Milford

Reaction score
On a BB X model 42 I would not be to worried about spool up time. Has to be as fast if not faster then a stocker especially with a set of 250 hybrids and some live tuning. That is the setup I am going to be going with.

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
On a 4202 ?!?! Its a 75mm compressor wheel. I dont doubt the X models spool quick, but I do doubt that it will be like stock with a set of 250s. That turbo wont come online till 16-1700. And I bet at a cruise around 19-2000 it wont make any boost.

sideswipe

Reaction score
thats what i was thinking for sticks so what is the back pressure ratio

dietoremain

Reaction score
Interesting to hear more. my friend is gonna be playin with one with some hybrids soon we will see if she spools..

bruce

Reaction score
4202 what people with like 400/400's run, its huge. 250/200's with the 4294 is a good combo. ideal back pressure is 1:1 with boost

Short Bus

Reaction score
On a BB X model 42 I would not be to worried about spool up time. Has to be as fast if not faster then a stocker especially with a set of 250 hybrids and some live tuning. That is the setup I am going to be going with.

It's not anywhere near stock spool lol.

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
It's not anywhere near stock spool lol.

Maybe you should get live tuning and some 250s :p

Milford and OP, the best combo I have ever ran for all around drive ability that still spooled like stock if not a touch faster was the H2E with 238/100s.

250/200s with an s471 is not like stock. And the s475 or 4202 would be worse. With a 200% nozzle. She won't come online till 1800rpm or more depending on how aggressive bottom end fueling is.

smoker00

Reaction score
I glad this came up.. I was going back and forth between the GTX4294R and the GTX4202R as the high pressure.. In my compounds I went with the 94 just because i wanted it to spool as fast as possible with the 1.01 ar turbine..and a 46mm Wastgate..

With your 250/200s I think a A GTX4294R would work very well..

Just my two cents.. good luck with your choice..

smoker00

Reaction score
Say flat ground 75 mph 650 to 750gets towing no idea this truck has only towed two times in its life and remember I'm running compounds so my numbers will differ from a single..

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
OP, I told you temps will be dependent on your right foot !

They are nothing to worry about as far as drivability. I cruise around 750* on the highway at about 2k with 0-2lbs boost and 2-3lbs back pressure
Again with the flick of this switch and my right foot to the boards I can bury both my pyros.
Towing is 100% dependent on your tunes/right foot. And to be honest the bigger the charger you go with, the more towing becomes driving around the trucks needs.
10k behind an s475 and your either cruising at 1000* with 1psi boost or doing 80mph to pass someone, again tuning is a huge role in smoke/egts. But keep in mine if your looking at going as big as a 4202 you will have to make some sacrifices.
I stated earlier if you want the best of all worlds (and I know shortbus will agree) its very hard to beat a 250/100s and an H2E/s366 or gt38r setup. It will put you around 500hp and tow more then the truck was ever designed for, while still spooling fast and keeping reasonable temps (again right foot dependent) as well as depending on your cab configuration, lifted or not can net you high 12s in the 1/4

sideswipe

Reaction score
I understand the right foot thing I was saying cruising that means a steady speed. In not talking about foot to floor. I'm not a heavy foot fuel costs to much. I am learning so far 750 deg cruising. So doesa after market intercooler gets a better benefit with the larger turbo.

Cat_rebel

Reaction score
I think you are having a hard time grasping the simple fact that turbo X with injector Z will = ___ boost with ___ back pressure & ____ EGTs. There is no formula to figure that out. Take the same turbo & sticks & throw em in 2 trucks close to the same size/specs but with different tuning & the boost/egts may be noticeably different. Just because JimRon had a GTX4294r with 250/200s & cruises 2000 rpms at 70mph with 2lb of boost & 3lbs of back pressure & 700* EGTs with JohnnyRoy's tuning doesn't mean that your truck will do the exact same thing. Hell yours could be 200* different & run more/less boost.
Concentrate more on seeing what the big boys are running & what they like then pick a pony & ride it.

Latest posts

Members online