Guess the issue!?

brian89

Reaction score
Guess the issue.... GUESS THE ISSUE????

WTF is that all about? Fixing trucks by popular opinion? Long before I started pulling a cab, I would have had a REAL good idea of what it was I expected to find. Sumbuddy gonna look real stoopid if it turns out to be a bent push tube or some other basic problem.

Oh... wait... sumbuddy is already trying hard to look.... naw - that's mean.

As for grinding heads? The deck mating surface is already too thin for my liking... making it thinner just gets the motor one step closer to being a hand grenade. Some of you rocket scientists kinda miss the obvious.

Did you go thru all the trouble of creating an account just to say this? Must be nice to know everything

Reaction score
I guess what bill payer and hillbilly are saying next time any of us including all the shops on here should buy new heads every time we studd a 6.0. LOL :badidea: I know when I studd my 6.0 I'm not just going to buy new head just because I'm studding my 6.0. Only if they are beyond repair!

HOLDERDOWN

Reaction score
I got my heads decked and ported... I must be a idiot!

Sent from Holderdown Performance iPhone Command Center

fordfreak4life

Reaction score
I got my heads decked and ported... I must be a idiot!

Sent from Holderdown Performance iPhone Command Center

Indeed you must young h
Jaran, hillbilly assbag knows all in such situations

Sent from my Milestone X2 using Tapatalk 2

04stroker

Reaction score
I guess the several sets of head gaskets we do every month and surface every set of heads and none of these people have ever had a problem with the heads thousandths of miles later means nobody else should ever try it. LOL

Bill Payer

Reaction score
Only if they are beyond repair!

Like I said... I believe that the deck mating surface is already too thin. It is one thing to roll the dice with your own repair...rolling the dice for a customer repair can bite you in the ass.

Having said that, we are still witnessing someone taking off a cab with no sure idea of why he's doing it. And he is asking you (and you and you and you) to diagnose the concern for him...

But that sounds like "business as usual"?

fordfreak4life

Reaction score
Like I said... I believe that the deck mating surface is already too thin. It is one thing to roll the dice with your own repair...rolling the dice for a customer repair can bite you in the ass.

Having said that, we are still witnessing someone taking off a cab with no sure idea of why he's doing it. And he is asking you (and you and you and you) to diagnose the concern for him...

But that sounds like "business as usual"?

And who are you?

Sent from my Milestone X2 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction score
Well at least he asked for help and not thrown parts at it like you know so any other shops that are not members here would have and charged him for it. Not only that but they would have charged the guy for lifting the cab but Derek did not. Now that's what I call a good person right there!

Big Angry Hillbilly

Reaction score
Well, seeing as how arguing on the Internet is like participating in the special Olympics, you guys have a good evening, and all the best with your quest for information.

Big Angry Hillbilly

Reaction score
For the record, I did not say every job that needed gaskets needed heads. I said removing material from the deck surface necessitated head replacement.

MorganY

Reaction score
Show me a Ford cylinder head for a 6.0 that has -RM on the end of a part number.

I've been to WPEC. Returned heads are destroyed (hole drilled in the fire deck) and sent to scrap.

But this is the Internet. You guys are all experts; I forgot.

Used a roloc disc to prep the sealing surfaces too, right? :rolleyes:

Carry on.

"We fix cars right, sometimes on the first try" should not be the motto for ANY shop. Especially not one tasked with fixing trucks where your average repair starts at a thousand bucks.

Go ahead and tell the guys and vendors with high horsepower (600 all the way up to 1000hp) daily driving on there 6.0 and 6.4's that you can't machine the heads even .001"...

When my head gaskets went, .006" were taken off, and I drove the absolute piss out of my truck for the next 75k miles at 530hp everyday, towing, and about 10, 1/4 mile passes with extreme heat cycles (1700 degree EGTs). When the heads came off again for upgraded valve springs and pushrods...they weren't cracked, and the head gaskets weren't leaking. I guess I got lucky.

MorganY

Reaction score
Same here. Shaved .008 off my currently 185,000 mile 6.0 at 550rwhp. Drive the piss out of it. No problems thus far maybe in the next 200k miles?

We must be lucky. Im pulling my cab tomorrow and buying some new heads.

Hope my block isn't warped, I guess I'd have to trash it and the pistons too if it is.

Latest posts

Members online