guys with CCV re routes

04 f350

Reaction score
Alright, I don't know really how to explain this without uploading any videos but I have mine routed down beside the intake down towards the pepcock on the radiator, now question is how much blow by are you guys seeing out of yours that would be a cause for alarm? Does idling make it any worse? Reason I ask is because today I left my truck running while I went in to run a few errands, came back out and toke off and ended up sitting in traffic for a little while I noticed I had some noticeable venting coming from the hose. I could plain as day see it while I was sitting there in the cab, I honestly thought my truck was over heating when I saw it but realized it was coming from the hose. Just wanna make sure I'm not seeing signs of bad things to come.

04 f350

Reaction score
I always noticed that it did some but it was overly noticeable yesterday, just wanted to make sure it wasn't somthin getting worse on me. Just never had seen it that obvious before

560puller

Reaction score
Mine does it to. Especially towing heavy. Might want to run hose to rear of truck. I ran mine back and dumped it at fuel tank.

lengelhardt

Reaction score
If you put it in your downpipe right after the turbo pointing away it will create a vacuum and help draw out the blowby and burn of the residue.

04 f350

Reaction score
If you put it in your downpipe right after the turbo pointing away it will create a vacuum and help draw out the blowby and burn of the residue.

I must be reading it wrong I'm not quite sure I follow what your saying, put it in my downpipe? How exactly would you do that?

lengelhardt

Reaction score
Weld a fitting in it at an angle pointing away from the turbo do you can screw a barb fitting in it and hook up your hose.

AirFishAutomotive

Reaction score
you only need to start worrying when

its a puffing stream of vapor
oil drips from the tube

then you can guarantee the motor is on its way out it one way or another.

buschpoweredstroker

Reaction score
Anybody reading this in colder climates keep in mind that if you run ccv back along the frame, avoid dips and low spots in the hose. These areas have caused issues with moisture that gets trapped and then freezes, blocking the ccv and causing blue oil smoke from the exhaust.

04 f350

Reaction score
you only need to start worrying when

its a puffing stream of vapor
oil drips from the tube

then you can guarantee the motor is on its way out it one way or another.

It does have residue in the tube, I've stuck my finger in it a few times and my finger will have oil on it.

buschpoweredstroker

Reaction score
It's going to have some residual oil on it, don't worry too much, my 355,xxx '01has dripped for the past 50,000. It's probably not the healthiest motor out there, but it still runs fine.

Latest posts

Members online