Guys with stacks...

Mdub707

Reaction score
I thought about putting an electric cutout on the stack, and running a y-pipe with a section of pipe back dumped over the axle. When it was just me, open the cutout and exhaust out the stack. Kids inside or towing, closed and out the tailpipe. Might be more of a headache than its worth though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I always wanted to do a drop in muffler to set down in the stack and clamp in, but never really did anything with it. Some guys suggested buying auger bits the right size to put in there, apparently that works but sounded pretty ghetto.

6speedsd

Reaction score
I always wanted to do a drop in muffler to set down in the stack and clamp in, but never really did anything with it. Some guys suggested buying auger bits the right size to put in there, apparently that works but sounded pretty ghetto.

Agreed...does sound that way. How much does a regular straight through muffler reduce the exhaust tone with a stack? I've always had straight pipes on my 6.0's and never paid attention to how one sounds with a muffler period.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jrex2506

Reaction score
I've ran one on a 03 Cummins. no muffler did a 6 hour trip n took it off soon as I got back.

my 6.0 manual with diamond eye 5" isn't bad with muffler. it quiets the high rpms with a nice tone but* does nothing for the 03 turbo whistle. I would at least do a resonator or muffler for stacks

posted from middle of no where.

Gadgetguru

Reaction score
I have 5" Aussie stacks. It's loud but I can live with it. However, when towing it will make your ears bleed. My Grand Rock stack exhaust came with "mufflers" that go inside the stacks but I've never used them to see what difference they make.

Latest posts

Members online