H-11 vs ARP Studs

2000wa250

Reaction score
Other than the price, what are the differences between the two? Are the H-11's really that much better that justifies the extra couple hundred for them?

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
H11s require the hot retorque do they not ? Where as ARPs dont.

Many people running both, both have failures and both have sucesses.

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score

Many people running both, both have failures and both have sucesses.

I've never heard of an H11 failure.... Im not saying there aren't any but I'd be willing to guess the rate is very minimal in comparison

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
Hey, I herd from a friend of a friend whose cousin knew my uncles aunts father and he said so !

I just said it for profile reasons :D If there hasnt been thats awesome, but there has had to be at least one ?

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
:whs:

If I was capping out a build around 5-600 hp and using seasoned gaskets I would just use arp.

If I was starting with new headgaskets/fire rings, or going for 600+ I would use the h-11.

Just my .02

2000wa250

Reaction score
:whs:

If I was capping out a build around 5-600 hp and using seasoned gaskets I would just use arp.

If I was starting with new headgaskets/fire rings, or going for 600+ I would use the h-11.

Just my .02

Ok so that is the first reasoning I've heard for the two. Is the reasoning for this that the seasoned gaskets help hold, and so the ARP's arent responsible for 100% holding? Or is that difference simply the pressures that both will be subjected to?

I do not plan on going to new head gaskets until I need to, and if the H-11's are that much better than the ARP's I would spend the money for them. With my 250/200's and the s467 I believe I'm limited to about 600HP. That being the case, I am not planning on going any further than this set up, so the ARP's would be more than enough for me?

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
Seasoned gaskets are always better than new ones. Arp's are made from a weaker material than the h-11's. For sub 600 hp levels I believe that the Arp's are sufficient. That is just my opinion.

Are the H-11's better. Yes.

Are they Necessary? That you will get different opinions on.

If you wanna be as safe as possible, go with the H-11's.

FWIW, I was running s466 with 250/100's on an engine with arp's and did not have any issues.

2000wa250

Reaction score
OK, so with my set up, even though I have 200% nozzles, I should be alright?

Reaction score
So if I blew both head gaskets, and I have a set of ARPS on the way right now with new gaskets, and my goal is 500 and maybe a little more I'll be golden correct? Or should I have gone with h11?

powerstrokenstang

Reaction score
I have heard of h11 snapping with normal torque spec. I went with them when i went to fire rings though. Never had problems with arp.

ToMang07

Reaction score
I bought ARP's.... price and that they are re-usable were the selling points for me.

onebad7.3

Reaction score
So if I blew both head gaskets, and I have a set of ARPS on the way right now with new gaskets, and my goal is 500 and maybe a little more I'll be golden correct? Or should I have gone with h11?

You will be fine, just don't go out right away and put it to the floor with the new gaskets.

2000wa250

Reaction score
I want to go with the ARP's but the last thing I want to do is end up spending this money and have something fail down the road with them. I should be north of 500hp and cant figure out between the ARP's and the H-11's. A lot of people say ARP's are fine, but then I look at what they are running and they are running near stock..

02BigD

Reaction score
I bought ARP's.... price and that they are re-usable were the selling points for me.

I am confused by this. The general consensous, seems to have been that re-usability is much higher with the H-11 for 7.3 applications, from what I have read here and elsewhere.

JDub

Reaction score

No hot retorque with studs and stock gaskets. Hot retorque should only be required when being used with Fire Rings. And H11's are reusable.

Last edited:

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
Here is how I understood it.

H-11's and Arp's are re-useable. My Arp's are actually on there second use right now. It all comes down to the stretch of the stud. Both have a maximum spec and as long as they are below this then they SHOULD be ok to use.

I should have been around 500 hp with my setup but dont have any numbers to back that up. Arp's held up fine.

Latest posts

Members online