H&S 66 SXE turbo

FORD-DNA

Reaction score
After endless research I chose the 66 SXE turbo kit. As anticipated the quality of the entire kit is incredible.

The turbo doesn't spool as quickly as the stock turbo did, as expected. When the turbo does spool and create boost it is amazing how hard the truck pulls. I was worried the NON VGT turbo would be to slow to spool, but its not a problem (for me) what so ever.

The turbo sounds very mean/tough with a slight whistle. It sounds nothing like the PIUS turbo option. I'm most happy to get rid of the infamous rick flair "wooooo". I will take a video in the next few days and post it for you guys.

I'm running stock fuel for now with plans to upgrade to dual fuelers in a few months. When I'm ready for another 100 horsepower I will be sure to let you guys know the difference. Even with Stock fuel the truck is fun as hell to drive.

The color chosen for the turbo housing and piping is a dark copper. I love how it turned out.

Big thanks to everyone who answered my questions on other threads. Thanks to Dallas at H&S. Thanks to Tyler and the boys at TruckWurx for the attention to detail and great install.

image_6.png

image_4.png

image_5.png

c748d188-36c8-4054-a82f-a3f298221135.png

image_1.png

image_3.jpg

image.jpg

FORD-DNA

Reaction score
Looks good man! How much slower is the spool? I have a 15 but don't want all the smoke until it spools.

I'm running the tunes that h&s developed for this kit.There is very little smoke before spool and through all gear shifts.Very similar to the video/sound clips h&s released for the Pius turbo. Smoke is not a issue! I will try and get a video of the exhaust when driving.

FORD-DNA

Reaction score
No lift pump as of yet!! I will do lift pump when I do dual fuelers. I will check on fuel rail pressure very closely tomorrow. I've only had the truck done for a short time. The few times I have stomped on the go pedal I didn't have fuel pressure on the mini max. I didn't notice a drop in pressure, but I will put it on the mini max and report back.

I will get some videos tomorrow. This cold weather is keeping me inside.

dseitler

Reaction score
Awesome color. Kit looks great. You won't be disappointed with the 369. Just wait to you stick more fuel to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FORD-DNA

Reaction score
Are you running a lift pump with this kit? My rails are draining and im only running the mini maxx on performance...

yesterday I took the truck out to some 2 lane farm roads. With no traffic around I was able to push the truck hard. Truck hit 40-42 lbs of boost. Go pedal was never put all the way to the floor and I didn't notice a substantial fuel pressure drop on the mini max. I definitely never drained the rails to where it scared the **** out of me.

This is my first diesel I have ever done a turbo kit to. I don't claim to be a expert by any means, but I would assume H&S has the stock fuel TUNE/FILE dialed in for this turbo kit.

Someone else can answer your question on why YOUR draining your rails...

HS-MotorsportsZane

Reaction score
The base calibration should be set to the point of not having a rail pressure issue. I would start making sure you have good clean fuel filters, then go from there. Let us know......

Latest posts

Members online