H&S DPF delete without any trans tuning

Mavericktkw

Reaction score
Is there any way to deleat the PDF using the mini max without any other tuning being done, just want a completely stock trans tuning because tuning has led to too many trans problems and general bad driving experience do to horrid shifting

sootie

Reaction score
go with custom tunes from gearhead-that will be the best of every world and he will tailor the tune exactly to your liking.

Reaction score
Is there any way to deleat the PDF using the mini max without any other tuning being done, just want a completely stock trans tuning because tuning has led to too many trans problems and general bad driving experience do to horrid shifting

I have no shifting complains with my minimax. I don't know where your getting all these failed transmissions from but 5r110's usually have no problem with a tuned and deleted truck.

sootie

Reaction score
for me i prefer gearheads shifting over against the H&S fixed shift points. i have roached a trans with H&S but likely it was because of my right foot LOL

jdgleason

Reaction score

Get better tuning. Shifting from a good tuner like GearHead will make you wonder why you didn't do it sooner. H&S tuning has seemed to hurt a lot of 5R's. When I would get calls for transmissions, I would always ask what tuning they were running.

Mavericktkw

Reaction score
After building my transmission the truck started hesitating going into reverse afte two thousand miles then stood shifting into the upper gear rang throwing solenoid and clutch pack codes. Took it back to builder and he on his on prerogative and expense tore it apart six times and found no damage(all this done after replacing the trouble solenoid twice and returning the truck to stock) all gears clutch packs pressure tested to speck but still no working truck. Replaced several sensors and the internal wiring harness, still not shifting and working right. Tried a Tcm off working truck. Same results. Then used a transmission that was working perfect out of another truck, still same problem. Then reinstalled original built transmision with nothing new done to it... And boom works perfect!! The guys at the shop looked nervousness and confused when we picked it up from them. Needless to say I'm scared ****less of this tranny and would like to just not ruin an engine and get awful fuel mileage with emissions intact. My dad has a dpf deleat box off his 07 dodge that he used before his smarty that only deleated the dpf(can't remember brand name) which I'm wondering if by some miracle would work on my truck as well

Mavericktkw

Reaction score
Also just noticed my thread title is reads PDF instead of DPF and delegates instead of delete, damn auto correct.. If a mod could please change this embarrassing over site on my part it would be greatly appreciated

Reaction score
2 of mine did.................

I guess it all has a lot to do with the tune and the driver. I've beat on all my tuned and deleted 6.4 trucks and never had a problem. Just when the turbos, nozzles and pumps get added then things got hairy.

To the OP I wouldn't worry about it if its a built tranny it should be fine as long as the people who did it know what they are doing. And for the delete box, a very good chance that it will not work, maybe even guaranteed.

08twinturbo

Reaction score
H&S factory shifting is really soft for the track but is great for daily driving. I prefer the firmer shifts as well.

Latest posts

Members online