H&S Factory pyro issue

Dieselfever

Reaction score
I have a truck that I just did new lifters on, put it back together and everything is fine EXCEPT the reading for Pyro1 only reads 92 degrees all the time. Before doing the work it was working correctly. I have checked the user settings in the Mini maxx and it is set to use the factory pyro.

I checked both pins to the Lambda sensor(in the pass uppipe) and I have 5v reference to the one and the other has ~30 ohms resistance to ground, so my wiring has continuity

I have a new sensor from Ford and it reads the same on the Mini Maxx when it is plugged in, and at 65 degrees ambient temp it has ~5.96M ohms resistance through it. The engine was pulled out to do the work and the wiring harness stayed on until I had it out and it put it back on before reinstalling it. I don't have ANY diagnostic codes and using AutoEnginuity I can't seem to find a PID for either the temp or the voltage of the sensor

Any ideas on what is going on?

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
is it possible that you selected "H&S pyro" in the settings of the MM?

logic says bad sensor, but a brand new sensor doing the same points to wiring obv

Dieselfever

Reaction score
I think it is the default.

I made sure it was set on factory pyro, I even selected H&S pyro and selected back to factory to make certain. The new sensor and the old sensor ohm the same and I have 5v ref and continuity on the return wire, So I don't think it's wiring

sledfreak

Reaction score
Mine did this 1 month ago, replaced sensor passenger up pipe, sunrise ford hooked me up for less than 50 bucks, take the tire off, loosen the fender well,kroil the sensor real good for a day, good 12 point 14mm brake line wrench and a small pair of vice grips, couple hour of knuckle busting fun enjoy.

Latest posts

Members online