h&s mcc vs. buying custom tunes

A.thoma

Reaction score
ok guys heres the deal i have 2008 with sct livewire can tunes dpf delete egr delete with the high flow intake elbow and cac pipe from flo pro now its time for some bigger tuning im by no means and tuning wizz or master mechanic but i am extremely mechanically inclined so now i am trying to decide to order custom tunes or to buy an h&s tunner and make my own modifications to the tunes? any feedback at all regarding tunning will be appreciated thanks.

jdgleason

Reaction score
ok guys heres the deal i have 2008 with sct livewire can tunes dpf delete egr delete with the high flow intake elbow and cac pipe from flo pro now its time for some bigger tuning im by no means and tuning wizz or master mechanic but i am extremely mechanically inclined so now i am trying to decide to order custom tunes or to buy an h&s tunner and make my own modifications to the tunes? any feedback at all regarding tunning will be appreciated thanks.

If you've got a live wire, my recommendation is to get some tunes from Matt at gear head. Best tunes I've run.

jdgleason

Reaction score
Kem, spartan, innovative in my personal truck. Driven trucks with h&s as well (not mcc). I just don't see the point in getting rid of a livewire and buying an h&s for the majority of people. Obviously it's a personal preference tho.

A.thoma

Reaction score
i really like the thought of being able to make any adjustments thats why im hoping to hear from some mcc users to see how user friendly it is what size tune are you running from gearhead youve got my attention

powerstroked08

Reaction score
I have mcc and love it. I'm no tuning guru but i have been messing with some things here and there just to figure it out. The most i have really done is get my HD300 smoke free and make an exhaust brake tune so far. But it is pretty easy to do but it takes some playing with to know what does what. But there isn't a lot of guidelines for it so you have to talk to some people who have messed with it before or just make small changes and see what it affects. I hope this helps!

OBS F350

Reaction score
i really like the thought of being able to make any adjustments thats why im hoping to hear from some mcc users to see how user friendly it is what size tune are you running from gearhead youve got my attention

Matt's (gearhead's) tunes are awesome, I also ran them on my 6.4. I ran hot street and race mostly. They both shifted awesome, low on smoke, insane power, pedal felt stock until you really got into it (which was very nice, for me atleast). As for adjustments, if there are any problems with your tunes, or things that need tweaked, Matt will do that for you. When I got my tunes from him he sent me them within a couple hours of my paypal payment, which was pretty late at night, might I add.

For power, all the big tuner's highest tunes are around the same peak hp/torque levels. They are all good options, but after my first go around with Matt I decided I will continue to do business with him.

And lastly, if you get the big tunes you better set aside money for a new set of tires, because trust me they don't last long!

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Honestly either way you go you will be happy, gearhead tunes ect work great, mcc is nice and the latest H&S tuning is pretty good all on its own, plus like forest said if you have any issues with the exhaust sensors it doesnt matter

6.4psd916

Reaction score
Mine levels out at 1700 at the track with stock turbos. And when the converter is locked there is almost 0 smoke at the track. Egts are really good, was between 530 and 570 doing 75, but its was only 35 or less out.

08twinturbo

Reaction score
I talked to one of matts guys about a month ago and he said they were working on releasing their tunes to be used on the h&s mcc platform. That will be nice for some of us to be able to try.

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
agreed, I know they're busy with their normal stuff, but there are a lot of guys who will buy their MCC tunes as soon as they roll them out

A.thoma

Reaction score
I wish I could open a file to see what all you can do with mcc does anyone know of a way I could do that? I downloaded the software to check it out but it doesn't show anything

A.thoma

Reaction score
The h&s Forum has stock files you can download to look at

Thanks man ill check that out! I talked to Matt at gearhead and he said they don't recommend using the race file with stock head bolts. Anyone running it stock head bolts???

Latest posts

Members online