H&S mm got stolen need help.

12stroker

Reaction score
Ok a friend of mine got his truck broken into and they stole his mini max. That's all they stole. I am just wondering what all does he need to do also can he keep driving it?

AllGo'N'Show

Reaction score
Keep driving... yes
Replacing MM... not sure if you can get a screen from H&S alone, give them a call on Monday and they will let you know.

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
Also, make sure he files an insurance claim. Replacement cost on that unit is $1700-1800 these days :(

12stroker

Reaction score
Yeah they punched out his driver side door key and only took his mini max. He had rodeo tickets, VIP passes and his iPad all in the truck and they only took that. He was saying how lucky he was but was worried he couldn't drive it he called me in a panic lol. Yeah he is calling them tomorrow.

powerstroked08

Reaction score
Thats a bunch of bs. Theifs need to have their faces broken and maybe that would deter the little c@ck suckers. I hope your friend gets his mini maxx replaced and finds the crooks.

12stroker

Reaction score
Yeah he was telling me he found someone buying vin locked mini max's on Craigslist and is worried that's what cause them to target his truck.

powerstroked08

Reaction score
I just can't believe some people. I couldn't imagine breaking into somebodys truck and stealing anything. I mean come on get a job and work towards your goals in life! Don't steal from the fruits of somebody elses labors!

Jonnydime

Reaction score
Is there a way to unlock a vin-locked MiniMaxx? If so I may need to start taking mine with me.

dsberman94

Reaction score
Is there a way to unlock a vin-locked MiniMaxx? If so I may need to start taking mine with me.

Even if there isn't supposed to be I'm sure someone has found a way. Just like they found a way to turn street tuners into delete-capable race tuners.

Default15405

Reaction score
Just for future safety reference, you can get a new door handle unit from ford that does not have the key hole, its essentially the same thing as the passenger side door. I think it was around 150 to have replaced but you dont have to worry about anyone taking a screwdriver to the key hole.

Zmann

Reaction score
not to burst any bubbles but
just because it doesn't have a keyhole doesn't mean they cant pop it off and open the door
and honestly they are so pre programmed to pop the drives side handle do you think they even look for a functioning key hole ?

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
Yeah, I don't leave my Mini Maxx in my 6.4. I really only ever put it in the truck if I'm going to the mountains. Don't want it to get stolen :eek:

BigKev

Reaction score
Tough luck. This is the exact reason I went with an XRT. I've had way too many things stolen out of my truck in the driveway. Hope you buddy gets it all sorted out without too much head ache.

RedRice589

Reaction score
If I was more worried about mine (I live in the country) I would mount mine in a more obscure are. Even in a cupholder like some GPS' that way people don't think of taking it. I actually love foreverboosted's mount. I would trade for a mini Maxx just so I could mount it in my sunglasses holder. Best idea I've seen yet.

Latest posts

Members online