H&S Motorsports new fuel filter design?!

CATDiezel

Reaction score
Im interested in the kit,

HOWEVER.... for the tolerances of a 6.7L fuel system a 10-micron fuel filter is NOT sufficient enough(for me)

Is there an option that will fit the same 33386 fuel filter that is a high-efficiency?

Caterpillar has been using 2-micron fuel filters now for 15 years to protect the injectors.

I really like it, just would like it with a better filter.

I dont even know what the factory filter is anyways... for all I know its a 20micron!

On edit: it appears Ford is using a 10-micron for the primary and a 4-micron for the secondary.

Last edited:

Cratos

Reaction score
Fuel filters

I have the diesel site set-up, and built a box to protect it. (Due to where I go).
I added it @ 5,000 mile and just change the factory ones @ 10,000 .My plain it to change @ 10.000 intervals but this way I can look up under the truck and see if the bowls have anything in them.

Attachments

• IMG_4339.JPG
    IMG_4339.JPG
    873.5 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_4341.JPG
    IMG_4341.JPG
    832.8 KB · Views: 123

HS-MotorsportsZane

Reaction score
Like We said earlier... We are working on a complete solution as we speak. We can all sit around and argue about micron rating's, but I don't see the point. Even the different filter manufacture's will tell you different things about the micron ratings. We did research into the factory filter to find what we thought to be an "equal" not better filter. (also fitting in the factory location). We did not see it as crucial as this is already a two filter system. However, the new complete system we are working on should make everyone happy..... High flow, clean fuel.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
whs^^^ i can't find a thing on the micron rating for the stock filters... hell, when we do the fuel system on our 7.3s they use a 2mic post filter... i would think that these would need the same or better, if possible?.... or does it restrict flow to much when using the low micron filters?

i know nothing of the fuel system on the 6.7 other then where the filters are located... i don't know where the pump is or how much pressure or flow it produces or needs. or if its even a pre and post pump filter or just in line with each other? .. can anyone tell me??

edit, i am by no means arguing here im just curious...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online