H13/9008 headlight bulbs

Dslfumes

Reaction score
The search feature sucks azz on Tapatalk and I wasn't sure where I put this.
Ok here we go. I put '05 lights on both my truck and the wife's excursion. I had wanted to do HiD's but after a lot of reading up on them and all the problems people have I have decided against it. With that said I am lookin for some regular bulbs that are as close as possible to the HiD look. What do you fellers recommend? I don't mind a mild blue tint, but I don't want full on ricer blue.

Dslfumes

Reaction score
Really? No one?
Anyone tried the Sylvania Xtra Visions? I'm interested in those but want some feedback before I go drop 60 bones on bulbs that might suck.

Bump.

yeehaw

Reaction score
i had the silverstars "HID" in and took them out, they really sucked in the chevy. I am running retros 5000k digital kit now and love them, no problems at all ever with HIDs. The nice thing with the 5000's they aren't blue but a very fine white.

Dmstrucks02

Reaction score
I have HID's in everything we have, so I would recommend them. It took me a few tries to get them aimed just right but I got them pretty good now, never had any issues other than that

taterthedog

Reaction score
I put sylvania silver star ultras in mine a few days ago, but I haven't driven in the dark since.

Dslfumes

Reaction score
My reason for not going the HiD route is that a few times a year I drive from southeast Texas to El Paso and 90% of the time it is at night. I would hate to be in the middle of nowhere and a ballast of whatever decides it does not want to work. A regular H13 bulb is readily available at truck stops and gas stations, HiD components not so much. If either of my 3 vehicles were just beat around town vehicles then I might consider.

Dmstrucks02

Reaction score
I hear you, but I have never had a ballast go bad on any of my stuff even on the rhino getting caked with mud every time we ride

taterthedog

Reaction score
Update on the silverstar ultras...

The light output seems pretty good compared to the stockers, but no comparison to HIDs. The color of them seems the same as the stockers to me though. They will do me for now. Drove all night the other night and no complaints.

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
I am definitely an HID fan, and would never go back to standard halogen.

If you are worried about your HID's going out than just throw your stock headlights in the glove box. If you blow an HID just unplug the ballast and plug in your standard headlight. It is maybe a 2 minute job.

Dslfumes

Reaction score

If you are worried about your HID's going out than just throw your stock headlights in the glove box. If you blow an HID just unplug the ballast and plug in your standard headlight. It is maybe a 2 minute job.

I never thought of that. I might have just changed my mind.

PatriotHauling

Reaction score
Try the HELLA XENON bulbs. I got a set for free as a trial agreement and they worked pretty well. About the same level as the Sylvania SilverStars but $20 cheaper per pair.

tensixniner

Reaction score

:whs:

yeehaw

Reaction score

exactly what i do with every vehicle i have had them on, or customers vehicles i have installed them on. But my personal trucks i have yet to have an issue with HIDs (knock on wood)

Latest posts

Members online