Happy farm truck

Chvyrkr

Reaction score
So, decided that driving my 97 around for the last 15k with 160/stocks, an Adrenaline, and RR/ E-fuel system, with the ten year old superchip set to kill, was more than I could stand. Got real tired of spilling coffee every time my locally built "HD" trans shifted too.

So last night I got ahold of Jason, and told him I was gonna be driving through Chattanooga and wanted to buy some tunes, if it was possible with the move goin on. He set it up with Jonathan and I swung by there this morning.

Really appreciated that, with all the construction goin on in the new shop and finishing up the move, seriously!

I was down to a half tank or so, so once he burned the chip I spent the rest of that tank playing around and testing the shift points :D

Finished up what the wife had going today, and topped off the truck for the ride home.

Jonathan has apparently updated his economy tune since the one I have on my 02, so I decided to try that out for the 250 mile drive home. I usually hate econo tunes, but I gotta say this one has me impressed.

If I give the truck full throttle I get a decent surge of power, and it's smokeless. The shifts are butter smooth without being slippery. The downshift is snappy and doesn't lag or hang like a couple other econo tunes I've had over the years. And, it sounds like a 7.3, without any of those weird noises I got out of other econo tunes.

And, I'm gonna run a couple more tanks through it before I get super excited, but it appears to actually function as an economy tune! The tank for the trip down, and the tank I played a bit on this morning was 15.6mpg. That's mostly interstate driving at 70-75mph/2300 RPM's. Coming back tonight I drove the same speeds, and got somewhere between 18.5 and 19.5...

Pretty effin happy with that. I was watching the scan gauge quite a bit, and he's got something magical goin with PW vs ICP I haven't seen 'til now.

The other tunes are what I expected them to be, other than being quite a bit less smokey than I remembered out of similar mods on my 02. The hot tune doesn't smoke until I'm WOT, and then it's more of a dark haze. Otherwise the "new" hot tune feels just as good as the one I had 30k on when I had a PMR engine in the 02, trapping low 400's. And I did absolutely everything in that tune, towed heavy, played hard, etc...

Anyway, it's late and I'm tired, so sorry for rambling. But I'm pretty happy with how much this old OBS woke up today.

Great to see standards remaining high, and quality continuing to be a priority!

Chvyrkr

Reaction score
Well, further results from my truck will have to wait. That Airdog 2-165 I won in that contest several years ago is what I was using as the pump and filters for my "e-fuel" system Joe.

And as of now it has a piece of 14 gauge wire in place of the 20 amp fuse. 20 amp fuse lasts about long enough to bring the fuel system to pressure.

So... I'm gonna try to find a filter base tomorrow, and use my old superduty pump I took off the 02 to build a temporary system.

Chvyrkr

Reaction score
The driving I did do today before fuel pressure suddenly bottomed out was backing up the results from yesterday though.

Chvyrkr

Reaction score
Wasn't any bigger disaster than my shop, lol.

I really like how y'all are settin the dyno room up! Club No Limit in there!

thuglike

Reaction score
Yep...we will have a lounge area for customers to view their dyno runs or live tuning appointments.

A little place to relax and let Jonathan do his thing.

Chvyrkr

Reaction score
Did some towing today, still a happy truck!

9B98-F6F86CBE7ECC-987-0000012052527C74_zps28af0438.jpg

CSIPSD

Reaction score
I cant believe that airdog lasted as long as it did!

I forgot you won it! That was back in the good old days! LOL

Chvyrkr

Reaction score
Well, I can't believe it did either, but...

It was on the 02 when I thought I spun a bearing in the forged motor and parked it, so it had a solid year off there. Still doin pretty good by airdog standards lol.

And, after taking it all apart and sanding the gerotor as much as I though I could without jacking up the tolerances to bad, it works again on a 25 amp fuze, lol.

Latest posts

Members online