Hard Start...FICM?

Atsah

Reaction score
I can't get the vid for some reason.. Normally poor cold starts = Bad FICM or injector spool valve sticktion or your glow plug circuit isn't working properly..

Jeremyleggett07

Reaction score
Glowplugs- I was told to pull them and ohm them to ground, I believe its about 1ohm is normal. Someone else may need to chime in.

Mdub707

Reaction score
Glowplugs shouldn't be an issue at 73*, but if you want to check them...

All of the specs I have posted here: http://powerstrokearmy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25432

What was FICM voltage during cranking?

How old are your batteries? I'd highly recommend having them load tested, weak batteries will simulate a dying FICM, and in theory it's said they will kill the FICM too.

Is it puffing smoke on start up? What does it smell like?

03 tx pwr stroke

Reaction score
Glowplugs shouldn't be an issue at 73*, but if you want to check them...

All of the specs I have posted here: http://powerstrokearmy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25432

What was FICM voltage during cranking?

How old are your batteries? I'd highly recommend having them load tested, weak batteries will simulate a dying FICM, and in theory it's said they will kill the FICM too.

Is it puffing smoke on start up? What does it smell like?

Voltage during cranking stayed at 48.6.

Batteries are fairly old, but I had them checked out when I replaced the alternator last year. Tested good. I get a little white puff when I first start it in the morning. After that, no more puffs. Haven't smelled the puff as I'm the one that usually is starting the truck.

sootie

Reaction score
on one of our trucks the hard starts were a two fold problem. one was failing injectors (really bad stictition) and we also had a bad high pressure oil leak under the valve covers. i think it was the stc fittings.

03 tx pwr stroke

Reaction score
Wouldn't suprise me if I had the oil leak. Looks like just about everything that can leak oil IS leaking oil....C'mon tax time....(going to PSE for several things)

Latest posts

Members online