Harmonic balancer

TyCorr

Reaction score
Screenshot_2016-11-06-10-00-31_zps7pqdqwrh.jpg

I think you'll get the idea. Cut that tail off, tap it for a male thread by 45° barbed hose adapter. Angle it forward and slightly down to get it out of the line of the pulleys and belts.

I thought about doing that myself but ran out of ambition. I thought of ditching the 2nd alternator but its not as easy as removing it. Its tied into a bunch of stuff not just extra charging capability.

If you added one do yourself a favir and keep it independent of the trucks wiring. Use it as you said for an external power source.

Mine was handy when the truck had electric plow, lights, and salt spreader. No flickering or issues but if you arent using it, its just another 500$ bill waiting to be replaced.

TARM

Reaction score
Ah Now I understand you are right. I did not think of doing it but I sure had wished it was that way when I was messing with it. I very well may do that if I choose to go back and do a fully built engine from my current.

Its between that with the built 4r100 I have or just going end of world old school with a DT360 and med duty fuller 6 or 8 speed with OD as they are rated to actually hand the tq and fit. Also there is a few guys that have ad adapters made to allow mating up to the transfer cases so not the huge expense of a divorced setup. No more sensor electronic gremlins or failures can run axle gears that will still allow cruising under 2K at 70-75 mph but it will be alot of work and decent cash outlay. I have trouble letting go of the 7.3 as I have had them since the came out. But can not only grin as the HP my gtx4294 would make in one of those straight 6s 5.9 be it IH not cummin but still.

I like that idea though alot. Might do it anyways if I have some reason I am pulling apart the front. When you were looking at your dual alt setup did it look like it would take much more modding to get it to work with the t444e pump?

Last edited:

TyCorr

Reaction score
It'd work but the part i edited out is snack dab in the middle of the #2 alternator pulley. Up, down, left, right, in and out...its in the same spot. That tail goes away, is adapted to be shorter, angled at 45° forward and down, and you put a new hose on it. Done and done.

TARM

Reaction score
Makes sense. If the opportunity comes I will do it and post some pics

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.