Has anyones block heater element ever sh!t the bed?

Ad8 PRODIGY

Reaction score
Shouldn't even NEED(helps a lot.. still not needed.) a block heater for anything down to like -something°. Then it seems to help a lot

I plugged mine in when I got the chance when it was in single digits.. but the occasional time I couldn't the worst i tried in was -15ish wind chill all night. Started first cycle but extremely cranky. How cold is it? I think you have gp or gpr issues first and foremost..

moose99psd

Reaction score
Sorry been busy. I bought mines from international trucks here in town.. it was 15ish but under 20.. mine sees the block heater for anything under 30.. makes it easier on the oil for startup and I habe heat instantly. And I've got a bad gpr and im lazy and cheap.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Shouldn't even NEED(helps a lot.. still not needed.) a block heater for anything down to like -something°. Then it seems to help a lot

I plugged mine in when I got the chance when it was in single digits.. but the occasional time I couldn't the worst i tried in was -15ish wind chill all night. Started first cycle but extremely cranky. How cold is it? I think you have gp or gpr issues first and foremost..

Shut up.

Anything 30, or below it gets plugged in. Why stress everything that much more by not plugging in.

4.0l sahara

Reaction score
Fix it so it starts right I don't get people that plug there truck in every day just to get it started. **** that. As for the heater the cord could be bad. It's possible the element is bad but I have never seen it.

20007.3L

Reaction score
buravuma.jpg

New cord! Hope it works

Ad8 PRODIGY

Reaction score
Shut up.

Anything 30, or below it gets plugged in. Why stress everything that much more by not plugging in.

Lmfao!

Fix it so it starts right I don't get people that plug there truck in every day just to get it started. **** that. As for the heater the cord could be bad. It's possible the element is bad but I have never seen it.

Read this, Nancy. That's what I'm saying. I plug mine in too because it makes it a lot easier. But you shouldn't NEED it to be plugged in to start. When I go upstate I sure as sh!t ain't dragging a biiiig cord up there to reach the truck..... Jesus. Who twisted your panties up in a knot.

Ad8 PRODIGY

Reaction score
I know it needs gp's put in, but it's been 3-5* at night

It's cold!

I wasn't referring to you as Nancy. My bad. Nancy is CTC

Its gonna be 5* for a low tonight and I have no intention to plug in the truck lol. I'm just gonna start it 20 mins before I leave and its fine when I come out

TyCorr

Reaction score
I havent pluggd my truck in for yeeeeears. Its un-****in-necesary. What a waste of life going out and plugging it in, then going and unplugging it. Good gp, good gp relay and they start in -20. Cqnt vouch for.colder as its never gotten any colder here.

20007.3L

Reaction score
I wasn't referring to you as Nancy. My bad. Nancy is CTC

Its gonna be 5* for a low tonight and I have no intention to plug in the truck lol. I'm just gonna start it 20 mins before I leave and its fine when I come out

That's how you burn out starts bud, cranking on a cold motor

TyCorr

Reaction score
If your glow plugs are working, you dont ***k your starter up camotard.

You're making excuses for being too lazy to fix the correct part. There is no long, extended cranking. The worst that happens is it'll pop but not stay lit on the first try.

Turn key to on, wait for wts light to turn off, turn key. If that didnt start your truck, its ***ked up. If you have to let the wts light and then let er burn the additional 30seconds the gp's and fuel pump continue to.run after the wts light goes out, your gp system is getting spent. Even in 5° weather, one FULL cycle should do it. If not just waiting for tye wts light.

Latest posts

Members online