Hassler Diesel CR

j250

Reaction score
He posted a pic on instagram of the truck on a dyno...... Anyone know how much horsepower he put down? Hes now running a big compound set up.

Reaction score
He didn't get to make a full dyno pull it cracked the block. He said he knew it was coming... Made like 650@2000 rpms before it let go

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

PSDEng

Reaction score
There is nothing done to the block itself. Not filled, no girdle or bed plate I believe. Maybe a little cylinder machining, but no major work as to my knowledge.

02BigD

Reaction score
There is nothing done to the block itself. Not filled, no girdle or bed plate I believe. Maybe a little cylinder machining, but no major work as to my knowledge.

I just wondered that in his other thread. Not judging in any way shape or form, but that's a lot to ask from a stock block.

PSDEng

Reaction score
I just wondered that in his other thread. Not judging in any way shape or form, but that's a lot to ask from a stock block.

I just replied to that post LOL but yes, I can't believe that they wouldn't prep a block. I saw Tommy say on FB that they knew it was going to split a block so he has a spare ready. I always hated that mentality personally. Sure, 7.3 blocks can be had cheap, but if you know you're going to split one, why waste one? Heck getting a block ready is one of the cheaper things to do in a build....but oh well, it's not my money so who am I to talk!

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
I saw Tommy say on FB that they knew it was going to split a block so he has a spare ready. I always hated that mentality personally. Sure, 7.3 blocks can be had cheap, but if you know you're going to split one, why waste one? Heck getting a block ready is one of the cheaper things to do in a build....but oh well, it's not my money so who am I to talk!

I agree. Every block split or has a rod through it is one less for the 7.3 die hards down the road. I would hate to by the CGI block from Hypermax.

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
There were a couple million 7.3's built, i'm pretty sure we're not going to run out anytime soon. LOL

No. BUT look at how many have been scraped or in peaces. But i agree with you. It just grates on me. around hear you can not just find them. They are still running or they got scraped..

Latest posts

Members online