Hassler Diesels Common rail is now pulling!

Reaction score
Yep I was the one shooting back at jj his so called shop is about 2 hours from me I cant stand the guy

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
I'm sure it is, common rails tend to be. Plus pilot injection ( if tuned in to it ) makes these run a lot quieter.

These setups from Swamps do not use a pilot injection. They are using the factory 7.3 computer and programming to control a special built Swamp's IDM box to fire the common rail injectors. So there is only single shot capability with these units (unless there is some pilot event logic built into the special IDM box that they designed and built - but I highly doubt it and I really wouldn't think anyone would want that level of complexity in tuning around that without having the ability to control it).

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
These setups from Swamps do not use a pilot injection. They are using the factory 7.3 computer and programming to control a special built Swamp's IDM box to fire the common rail injectors. So there is only single shot capability with these units (unless there is some pilot event logic built into the special IDM box that they designed and built - but I highly doubt it and I really wouldn't think anyone would want that level of complexity in tuning around that without having the ability to control it).

Yeah I wasn't sure that why I stated "if tuned into it", I kinda figured if its a dedicated pulling truck whats the point but you never know I guess.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
could be ported too big, or maybe trying to run 35k rail pressure, who knows. But i dont think i have every heard of a 6.4 splitting a rail.

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
I never heard of a 6.4 doing it. That is why I cant figure out why it is said to one of the problems with the CR 7.3..

97stoker350

Reaction score
they had a cutaway of the 6.4 at the dyno day. the rail is about a .25" to .5" thick wall thats alot of pressure to be splitting them. unless like they said they are ported way to much

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
Yeah I wasn't sure that why I stated "if tuned into it", I kinda figured if its a dedicated pulling truck whats the point but you never know I guess.

I never said that pilot injection isn't a good thing - there are most certainly good reasons for running pilot injection, even on dedicated competition engines such as a pulling engine. I just said that I am pretty sure the Swamps setup is not capable of doing a pilot injection with its computer (factory 7.3 computer).

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
if this one is done, why does scotty not have a truck ? remminds me of .. me !

Reaction score
I believe they are using his engine to do more testing and r&d to perfect the setup and maximize the potential. It has been "running" for well over a year now i believe. But dont quote me on all of that

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I believe they are using his engine to do more testing and r&d to perfect the setup and maximize the potential. It has been "running" for well over a year now i believe. But dont quote me on all of that

well i know all that ... but, scotty wants his truck i'm pretty sure.

Latest posts

Members online