Having major problems need help asap

twinturbo6.42008

Reaction score
Short story on vacation 5 hours from home when my 6.4 decided to mess up. I was driving on the beach motor hit 220 degrees so got back on the main road everything cooled down to normal and everything seamed fine until a 6.0 pulled up beside me so I had to show him up and started running bad and making a popping thru the intake and have a po266 po272 code? A lil about the truck 0& f350 01/08 build h&s mini max *** egr delet 74k miles any help would be great suppose to tow it to a shop in obx and I don't want to get jerked around

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
hopefully you torched the gasket between number 2 and 4 cylinders

that's still a pretty pricey repair bill, but hopefully there's nothing hurt in the bottom end :eek:

DO NOT take a 6.4 anywhere that you're not 100% confident in their abilities, reputation, etc.

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
if you cut directly between the #2 and #4 cylinders, it won't necessarily get into the water jacket. It would explain the thumping through the intake and the #2 and #4 imbalance codes

[email protected]

Reaction score
I get codes all the time when I'm racing or on extreme. I let my 6.0 get to 250 degrees before I let off the throttle. Clear the codes so any "safety feature" doesn't make your truck go into limp mode. If the code comes back, don't use that programmer. Get a livewire plus on the fly. Ever since I switched to this programmer with custom tunes, no more issues. Good Luck

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
I get codes all the time when I'm racing or on extreme. I let my 6.0 get to 250 degrees before I let off the throttle. Clear the codes so any "safety feature" doesn't make your truck go into limp mode. If the code comes back, don't use that programmer. Get a livewire plus on the fly. Ever since I switched to this programmer with custom tunes, no more issues. Good Luck

the truck is popping through the intake... he's had a mechanical failure. He's also running the most trouble-free tuner you can run on a 6.4

twinturbo6.42008

Reaction score
I was on the 250hp tune witch I run on daily basis jest got on it enuff to get past the 6.0 then it happened

NathannialD

Reaction score
It is not a head gasket..... Popping out the intake is one or more of the following; broken exhaust rocker arm, bent pushrod, collapsed lifter, or the cam lost a lobe. If I was to bet it imagine it either a broken rocker arm or a lifter.

pdumont01

Reaction score
It is not a head gasket..... Popping out the intake is one or more of the following; broken exhaust rocker arm, bent pushrod, collapsed lifter, or the cam lost a lobe. If I was to bet it imagine it either a broken rocker arm or a lifter.
I'm with you on the bent pushrods, for some reason the 6.4s love to bend them, usually the result of a lifter coming apart. Good luck!!!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
I guess I'm just wishful thinking for him since he's got two adjoining cylinders with contribution faults...

again, hopefully it's nothing in the bottom end.

JMart

Reaction score
6.0's giving people problems when they don't even own one.

Do you remember how high it revved when you were getting on it? I have seen a few high revved 6.4's get valve/piston contact and bend a push rod. They get that same thumping in the intake.

Latest posts

Members online