head gasket???

pontiacross

Reaction score
so I have one that I have never seen and unfortunately it on my own truck...:confused:
-loosing coolant
-heavy white smoke (smells like coolant) and hydro locking (Both of these are intermintant and on start up only}
-milky oil
so my initial thought is a head gasket but could an injector cup cause this, my thought is no since the injector seals at the bottom of the head not the cup and I have not seen any signs of fuel in the coolant. has any one run into cracked heads or pin hole in the cylinder on these ?

this is on my 97 and it has been studded but all the performance parts were on it when I got it so not sure who installed them and if anything was done correctly

co04cobra

Reaction score
Have you pulled the valve covers? I would suspect cracked cylinder wall over a HG.

Especially if there is a thick slime under the VCs.

pontiacross

Reaction score
that is what I am afraid of. I haven't pulled the covers but can tell it is pretty greasy in there through the filler cap.

I have been pretty easy on the truck since I bought it because I have been trying to limp a bad trans along as long as I can but I'm sure it saw some abuse before I got to it. it has some pretty decent size hybrid injectors, an H2E, and had propane injection on it (I sold that off as soon as I got it though)

don't have time to deal with this in the middle of harvest so I may try to get the dually parts truck I bough running and drive it while going completely though this one

pontiacross

Reaction score
haven't had time to do anything but drag it out of the way. if we get a rain sunday I might have time to look at it a little more

Latest posts

Members online