Head Gaskets on the way out???

Alex340

Reaction score
Last week I had to get a new fan clutch and new temp plug put in my truck. As of a couple days ago I started noticing puddles of coolant under neath the truck after it has been driven. I can't seem to tell where it's coming from since its splattered all over the driver fender well, radius arm, traction bar and over some cables underneath the truck. Now this morning I had about 3-4 drops of oil underneath the truck. Along with some coolant. All temperatures of the truck (oil, coolant, engine) are running completely normal. Is this a sign of my gaskets starting to go out?? I included some pictures the best I could to show where the oil is coming from. It seems to me the passenger side of the block, where it is all wet. Any help or thoughts is appreciated!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 90

kwelch08

Reaction score
Is the Degas bottle covered? I hate to say it but both pictures look a lot like mine did, and the head gaskets were toast.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Alex340

Reaction score
Is the Degas bottle covered? I hate to say it but both pictures look a lot like mine did, and the head gaskets were toast.

Not really sure where that is bud? But after driving it some more last night I came out this morning to no coolant or oil under the truck. It's still wet and leaking, just can't tell where it's coming from. So it's pretty minor at the moment, just don't know if this is a start to them going out.

Alex340

Reaction score
There isn't any white around the top?

Not really, and those white splattered spots have kinda been there too. So nothing really recent. Truck runs fine and all temps are staying fine so far too. Maybe it's nothing, maybe this is the start to the gaskets going out. I can't figure it out

Alex340

Reaction score
Yeah I'm willing to bet it's time for studs and new gaskets

Well the last 2 days I've driven the truck and haven't had any coolant or oil on the ground underneath the truck. I want to say the coolant leak the other day was a possible bubble in the system. Since I replaced the fan clutch last week. As for the oil, it's still wet and it's still slowly dropping, but nothing major. So I'm going to keep an eye on the truck. If I see any puddles of coolant or oil again I'm going to take it in.

Alex340

Reaction score
I replaced the oil cooler back in December when I did all the other stuff. Replaced it with a Ford OEM cooler

Latest posts

Members online