Head Questions

DBQLSC

Reaction score
Tried the search and didn't find what I was looking for, maybe I over looked it. I am trying to find a set of heads to prep for studding my truck this summer and am having a hard time finding a set of 18mm dowels that are resonably priced. So my question is that with a set of step dowels, could a set of 20's be used? Other than the dowels, hold downs, and rocker arms; are there any more differences that I am not aware off?

Mdub707

Reaction score
The rocker boxes are different, need the whole box. Injector hold downs and just make sure to get the corresponding gaskets, you should be good to go. I'm doing the same thing with mine.

bboteler

Reaction score
I did my truck last year, new ford/ih heads (that had to be milled 5/1000) changed alot but was able to reuse my rocker boxes. Unless I've got some drastic problem in my motor i dont know about, put almost 25k miles on it since the work was done and I haven't had any issues. I'm not saying this in a smartass way just trying to save you some $. My truck is an early 05 so I don't know if that made a difference.

Latest posts

Members online