Headlights won't turn on

RedSmokey

Reaction score
Truck is a 2000 F250. So I got to turn my headlights on and they won't come on at all. The kicker is when I go to turn the headlights on, the dash says the brights are on. I left the headlight switch on, turned the brights on/off, the dash says they are on no matter what and the headlights never turn on. Any ideas? The truck does have a 05 headlight conversion with regular bulb (NOT HID's). Both lights were working fine and all the sudden this happened? Any one know where I can find a wiring diagram for the headlights? Could anyone tell me where the relay is for the headlights? Also maybe what fuse is for them?

Arisley

Reaction score
I think the relay is under the dash, against the firewall, behind the radio.

Kinda right where the firewall meets the floorboards.

DcMoore

Reaction score
If it's not the relay. Check your grounds in the engine bay.. they are somewhere on the inner fenders. Quite a while ago I had the same issue on my green truck. I was in a bind and just made a temporary ground.

In the middle of trouble shooting that same issue I also read that it could be your multifunction switch. There is a test procedure to check it, I can track it down if it comes to that.

RedSmokey

Reaction score
I havent had a chance to look yet, but thanks guys I really appreciate the info. I will be looking at it tonight or Friday (having thanksgiving at my place and trying to get last minute crap done). Just got to get home from work before it gets dark today and I'm good lol

RedSmokey

Reaction score
It was actually and issue with a bulb. One of the bulbs had some sort of short that connected the low and high beam circuits but was keeping the lights from coming on. I replaced the bulbs and they work fine now. Thanks guys

Latest posts