Heads

Kirk250

Reaction score
I'm planning on putting titanium valve guides in when I do the heads on my truck next month. Rudy's recommended them for heads on a 6.4

BBottoms

Reaction score
Are you sure those weren't titanium valve spring retainers? Titanium valve guides sound like they'd tear up a valve stem pretty quick.

TXlineman83

Reaction score
Are you sure those weren't titanium valve spring retainers? Titanium valve guides sound like they'd tear up a valve stem pretty quick.

Now I have heard of valve spring retainers that were titanium. Also heard they were overboard to go with. But idk

Crack85

Reaction score
Now I have heard of valve spring retainers that were titanium. Also heard they were overboard to go with. But idk

Titanium retainers work best on race vehicles and do not hold up well on daily driven vehicles as the longevity is not there

B585Ford

Reaction score
I have to admit I didn't know bronze guides weren't recommended for DD trucks. So what is the ultimate setup for reliable 600-800 HP DD trucks?

groove

Reaction score
I have to admit I didn't know bronze guides weren't recommended for DD trucks. So what is the ultimate setup for reliable 600-800 HP DD trucks?

:whs: same here, just figured it was standard upgrade to do with the heads off.

so far, no hazing at idle. Up to 800km on the new engine now :D

Kirk250

Reaction score
Zach is calling there machine shop and see if they will sell them to me, so I can have my machine shop put them in. If they won't sell them to me I'll have to go another route. I'm just waiting for a reply.

dmkolb

Reaction score
I have bronze valve guides in mine. There is a little hazing at idle but we think it's going to clear up once we get the engine broken in. Time will tell. I was told and it could be wrong but machine shop siad the guides will last longer, run cooler with bronze.

Kirk250

Reaction score
Zack got back to me and there machine shop misinformed him about the guides they don't use titanium they use cast valve guides.

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online