Heater! And other stuff

SOBX

Reaction score
I'm getting tired of having to pound on my dash to get the heater to work. I haven't torn it apart yet, but plan to this weekend. The heater also does not work when the cup holder is pulled out. Any ideas?

Somewhat related: my ECT drops out when I idle. I think the thermostat is stuck open.

Totally unrelated, but I think it's because the truck runs so cold: I plug the truck in every night, warm or not. If it is below freezing, the motor never warns up, even after driving for 20 miles at about 65mph. I usually take it easy for a few miles until it smoothes out. I get a bit of blue smoke until I hit the freeway. On a warm day, the motor will heat up and there is no smoke. At times, after driving for a while, the truck will cool off and then warm up on hills and under load. I don't hall the trailer around anymore and never will. I just pulled codes (no CEL was on) and got nothing. Did every test I could, everything looks normal. The truck has 240,693 miles and is an 06 FX4 A/T CCSB XLT.

I need guidance please. I don't have tons of cash, so if there is a quick, interim fix, please let me know. Thanks in advance and if anyone lives near Colorado Springs and would like to help, I'll buy the beer.

Jeepless and looking!

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
does it have heat while driving, then at stoplights does it go cold? what temps are you seeing

Latest posts

Members online