heavy towing mods?

swamp_ratt

Reaction score
What is everyone running for engine mods on their trucks that they tow heavy with? Results? I'm looking for real answers here, no bs "I think this setup would be nice" or any crap like that! My truck is a 95 f350 rclb c&c 4x4 e40d. It will remain 4x4 for how I will use it and I will be swapping in a zf6 in time! Do not tell me to leave it auto, I don't care! This truck will be towing a 13k+ mud truck on a 38 foot goose with a few k in parts and tools! So I need to know a setup that will be effective and preform well in all aspects! I will tow through the mountains and long distances! All help appreciated

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
What is everyone running for engine mods on their trucks that they tow heavy with? Results? I'm looking for real answers here, no bs "I think this setup would be nice" or any crap like that! My truck is a 95 f350 rclb c&c 4x4 e40d. It will remain 4x4 for how I will use it and I will be swapping in a zf6 in time! Do not tell me to leave it auto, I don't care! This truck will be towing a 13k+ mud truck on a 38 foot goose with a few k in parts and tools! So I need to know a setup that will be effective and preform well in all aspects! I will tow through the mountains and long distances! All help appreciated

How often do you feel like rebuilding that zf6?

live life full throttle

Binder man

Reaction score
zf6 is fine...AS LONG AS you do not put over 650 ft. lbs. through it consistently..

Babies, E-fuel, and fit either a 38R or do one of Barder's upgraded turbos. maybe a good 17* pump..and done...best setup ever.

bruce

Reaction score
A dude has a modded h2e in the classifieds, that with some 160/30 from pis and efuel. I don't get the zf swap. No zf will tow up a hill as well as my bts does. Pushin that clutch kills the momentum

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
A dude has a modded h2e in the classifieds, that with some 160/30 from pis and efuel. I don't get the zf swap. No zf will tow up a hill as well as my bts does. Pushin that clutch kills the momentum

He's a tard and wont do an auto and if he does it will be a allison 6sp cuz hes a tard...

Did I mention he is a tard?

Lol..

live life full throttle

old man dave

Reaction score
Don't see the basics in his sig, intake, exhaust, gutting the EBPV, intercooler, decent gauges.

I agree with the tow type injectors, chip and the 17* hpop for starters unless he wants something like a T-500.

I noticed an increase in torque using a bigger pump that would hold higher pressure than a stock 17*.

When my buddy did the auto to stick swap, he gained 1.5mpg while towing his small 5'ver and increased coast control. He liked it.

Six months later.....his left leg and right arm was feeling tireder and tireder, swapped the auto back in. :D

Last edited:

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Don't see the basics in his sig, intake, exhaust, gutting the EBPV, intercooler, decent gauges.

I agree with the tow type injectors, chip and the 17* hpop for starters unless he wants something like a T-500.

I noticed an increase in torque using a bigger pump that would hold higher pressure than a stock 17*.

When my buddy did the auto to stick swap, he gained 1.5mpg while towing his small 5'ver and increased coast control. He liked it.

Six months later.....his left leg and right arm was feeling tireder and tireder, swapped the auto back in. :D

Oh god, dont feed the monkey! Lol..

I dont even know why he even creates threads like this..... he thinks compounds and medium sized injectors are the answer.

live life full throttle

ColoradoMO

Reaction score

I live at 8000+ feet elevation and have been here for over 15 years. Towing in high altitude= 150-160ish size injectors is about the highest reliable and usable hp. Biggest intercooler you can fit(this is a MUST have). Spend some money on a good clutch, 38r or better turbo, Live tuning and absolutely make sure you do not have any pre or post turbo leaks. That is all(assuming you are doing the basics for an OBS, like fuel system, premium brakes, etc.).
I don't think you would be disappointed in a BTS or JW tranny, but I agree with you about the manual tranny over the auto in the mountains, just personal preference.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.