help, 6.4 no start no crank

krasselt21

Reaction score
I am having an issue with my 6.4, everything works in the dash, but I get no fuel pump or no crank when I go to turn it over with the key. no theft light. I un plug connector by passenger battery and it turns over. would this be fuse or relay issue? or bad ecu? can you test ecu?
I'm going to start checking fuses and relays tonight just looking for some other advice
issue just started a couple weeks back.

krasselt21

Reaction score
i was able to cycle the key a couple times and then it would start. now it does nothing. get code that says it lost communication to ecu.

krasselt21

Reaction score
would that cause a dead key,
I haven't checked that yet, I was out of town when this happened. going to start checking stuff tonight.

sootie

Reaction score
not totally sure. is the pats light blinking on the dash?

BOSS450

Reaction score
Inertia switch will cause a dead key until you reset the codes. Check that first. Passenger side right inside the door.

krasselt21

Reaction score
security light is not blinking.
everything works, just wont crank or kick fuel pump in. I can tell if its going to start as soon as I hear the air dog kick in.

BOSS450

Reaction score
Well that's the only reason other then faulty wiring it won't start. A 6.4 will crank without a lpfp running btw. So check the inertia switch first

krasselt21

Reaction score
I did have it crank and crank and not start, but then I would cycle key and hear air dog then it would start. hopefully that is it. I will check that if not I am down to checking relays/fuses/wiring

dohcter

Reaction score
Check the factory fuel pump harness connector as it enters the main chassis harness. i had one the other day where the pin was corroded out of the connector, no pump, no crank..

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.