Help? DEF Heater assembly problem, delete or wait

SWIFT

Reaction score
Got a code for a reductant heater assembly bad. The part is on National back order with no time frame as to when it will be back in stock. Truck is a 2012 with only 19k miles. This is my daily driver/ work truck and it's BS I don't know when I will get it back. Truck is all stock. They say I can't pick truck up as it may shut down unexpectedly.

Should I wait on Ford to fix it?
Or should I delete all the BS right now and go get my truck? What is needed to do this the right way?

It also went in for a rear pinion seal leak. Truck is like new, really pisses me off I can't even use it.

Stangr8cr

Reaction score
I love mine deleted, it runs much better and you don't have to worry about that stuff. Of course it would need to be addressed before the next tag renewal. Even though we have emissions, it only takes 1 1/2 hours to replace all the exhaust. I just went through emissions so I returned to stock, got it tested, and swapped it all back out. I don't remember but if you a 350, you are exempt from emissions, I wished I'd have known that when I bought mine so I could have avoided emissions but I like to tinker and it's really not a big deal.

Keith

devdiesel

Reaction score
a friend of mine works at a large ford dealership in Fort Mac in Alberta, he told me he as 75 trucks sitting on the lot because of def heaters... i deleted my 14' a month ago, best thing I've done to the truck yet

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.