HELP HAD A STUPID MOMENT!!!

neverkickn

Reaction score
Make sure that everything else on the charging system is good too. If you have bad batterly cables or a bad alternator or starter then they can be hard on batteries.

Tonka350

Reaction score
I tested the batteries yesterday and they both came out good. I'm thinking I may have popped the alternator because I was watching the voltage meter and the second I turned the lights on last night I dropped from 14.3 to 12.9-13.2...unless the batteries were just that dead but I'm guessing the alternator....where's the best/cheapest place to get a LARGER amperage alternator?

Chad

littleredstroker

Reaction score
optima red tops ftw. 9 years old in my dads 7.3 and are just now starting to slow down. ive had em in mine for three years and have drained them down to nothing a bunch of times ( 3 bad injectors + -10 degrees)

Reaction score
optima red tops ftw. 9 years old in my dads 7.3 and are just now starting to slow down. ive had em in mine for three years and have drained them down to nothing a bunch of times ( 3 bad injectors + -10 degrees)

Optima has gone to crap lately. Went I was working at an auto parts store we had more optimas come in under their 3 year warranty period than anything else. Why not just get a Vatozone,Orielly,Sears agm? Cost less than the optimas and have 7-8 year warranty on them, normally 3yr free, 4 year prorate on them.

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
Optima has gone to crap lately. Went I was working at an auto parts store we had more optimas come in under their 3 year warranty period than anything else. Why not just get a Vatozone,Orielly,Sears agm? Cost less than the optimas and have 7-8 year warranty on them, normally 3yr free, 4 year prorate on them.

True that. I have seen a lot of Optima's come in lately. I know the Duralast Platinum batteries are AGM and they carry a 3 year free replacement and a 5 year prorated warranty. That puts you at 8 years of overall warranty. You really can't beat that at about $150 per battery.

BlueScab

Reaction score

This^ Every Optima I've had has been junk. I run Diehards in my truck.

TARM

Reaction score
Yep they have been bad for the last few years now. When they went big on marketing and going into all the chain stores they went to crap on quality. They use to be a great battery when your dad got his.

Telling you guys you can not beat the Die Hard Platinums but if yours are under warranty I would go that route.

Not cheap but the Mean Green Alt and starter have been getting very good reviews by guys around here that are putting them in their trucks. But again they are not cheap like the china chain store deals.

Reaction score
I do have a stereo system installed however I have the ability to turn them off without effecting any type of operations of the truck....it has been turned off for a few days now. I called autozone where I got one of the batteries and they said it's a 3 year free replacement, I called advance auto and it has a prorated warranty? I think it's time to just go to autozone and get both batteries so they have the same warranty....stupid I know but my wife replaced one of the batteries while I was deployed last year.Chad

allway's replace both batteries at the same time or the old one will kill the new one fast..

Latest posts

Members online