Help me find a rachet shifter that'll work with the 5r!

sonic_superduty

Reaction score
So had a huge change in plans with the truck, but lets just say I have an option to go full manual on a 5r and would like to run something like a B&M a Hurst etc.. haven't checked out a cheetah yet either.. but just thinking off the top of my head here could I persay run a 4-spd auto shifter and put od on a button?? Still not sure just wanted to see if I could pick some brains

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

Sully

Reaction score
There isn't one that's really made for the 5r.You have to find one with the right number of gates and make your own brackets at the transmission.I use a pro stick but haven't put the 4 speed gate in so I can't pull into manual low.od isn't simply a switch but the converter can be on one.how are planning to go full manual?.I haven't researched this much but you still need pcm control or a pcs to do what you want.with no pcm input you can only get direct and reverse to engage manually and shift strategy is far too complicated and precise to do without some sort of electronics to perform the shifts.if certain timing is off by a even a few milliseconds it will lock up and break.

imelmo

Reaction score
I had one from TCI for my 4R but I can't remember what model it was.

Sully

Reaction score

Latest posts

Members online